The Mandalorian (Chapter 1) build by Mr V.

Mr V

New Hunter
Hi All,
First timer on the Dented helmet forum. Just going to do another Mandalorian build from Chapter 1. I just love this costume of battle damaged, cobbled together bits. I have just completed my Bith build (Below) with my own custom sculpt of mask and hands and was not going to do another project for the year....hahahahah.

Here we go!

49080638981_096c4a618e_k.jpg

Started work on the pouches today. Based on photos they are both two quite different shades of brown and also leather texture. Happy with the belt pouch and the Shin pouch leather has a bit too much texture so i think i will sand that down. The belt pouch is a little more brown than what appears in my photo.
49149506203_150b662bb9_k.jpg

THE LIST;
Crow props boots-ordered
Flight suit-ordered
Leather-DIY
Cape-DIY
Armour-parts from "Maulfett"-Ordered
Shin and thigh armour- Papas recreations. 3D print
Aluminium parts-DIY
Gauntlets-TBC.
Helmet-TBC

Got to get a list going to move things forward. Orders placed so now to start on the smaller things that i can build myself. I have noticed a lot of armour is missing details or is just the wrong shape. I am using a lot of Photoshop overlaying images to find the right part, accurate parts. A lot of armour makers are missing the shallow grove around the edge of the left pauldron i have noticed. The set i have ordered from Maulfett appears to be missing it but i will build it in myself without much trouble. I am the same height and build as Pedro so it will be interesting to see how things scale up in photos. A photo of my ESB Vader for 501st approval last year.

40306295092_89c8fb20c2_k.jpg

THE LIST;
Crow props boots-ordered
Flight suit-ordered
Leather-DIY
Cape-DIY
Armour-parts from "Maulfett"-Ordered
Shin and thigh armour- Papas recreations. 3D print
Aluminium parts-DIY
Gauntlets-TBC.
Helmet-TBC

Got to get a list going to move things forward. Orders placed so now to start on the smaller things that i can build myself. I have noticed a lot of armour is missing details or is just the wrong shape. I am using a lot of Photoshop overlaying images to find the right part, accurate parts. A lot of armour makers are missing the shallow grove around the edge of the left pauldron i have noticed. The set i have ordered from Maulfett appears to be missing it but i will build it in myself without much trouble. I am the same height and build as Pedro so it will be interesting to see how things scale up in photos. A photo of my ESB Vader for 501st approval last year.

View attachment 182603
I made the gauntlets now, they’re in my thread if you haven’t seen. They’re pretty close to the screen used. The flamethrower gauntlet might need an update to the top part to lengthen one area and decrease another. Then those will be very close.

With prop making you cannot fear failure. It is what makes us better.
However i was pretty scared at loosing an eye with my DIY lathe! First test worked quite well so away we go..In terms of cost i will have made all of my aluminium cartridges (knee and bandoleer) for about $20USD.

49240250411_29347219bd_k.jpg

Got to the leather shop and selected some nice colours. There really is some variety in colour and also thickness of the materials used. I have not done leather work before but pretty excited to have a go at this.

49240262336_ce8778af96_k.jpg

With prop making you cannot fear failure. It is what makes us better.
However i was pretty scared at loosing an eye with my DIY lathe! First test worked quite well so away we go..In terms of cost i will have made all of my aluminium cartridges (knee and bandoleer) for about $20USD.

View attachment 184006
Got to the leather shop and selected some nice colours. There really is some variety in colour and also thickness of the materials used. I have not done leather work before but pretty excited to have a go at this.
View attachment 184007
Very curious about your diy lathe! What did you use to cut the grooves in the aluminum?

Very curious about your diy lathe! What did you use to cut the grooves in the aluminum?
Just a narrow wood chisel (a cheap one). I assumed the chisel steel is harder than aluminium. It works. I just rubbed some Burnt Sienna paint into the groves. A small black mark spinning at speed shows where to do the line.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back