Bossk The Ever-Elusive Webley Schermuly... Bossk's Relby V10 Blaster

Discussion in 'Original Trilogy Bounty Hunters' started by Viper, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Viper

Viper Member

Posted this over on the RPF, figured I would drop it here as well.
    As far as I know, @OdiWan72 is the only collector in the world who has an original Webley Schermuly Riot Gun/Multi-Purpose Gun.
    It is my holy grail. Been searching for years, never really finding much.
    Other than Star Wars, I don't know of any other film that has used a Schermuly other than Gamorrah. A Schermuly possibly showed up in the film but it has a different stock.

Every once in a while a news image of a scene in a war torn country in Africa shows someone holding one. I have found some interesting things lately, I am wondering if a lot of them are getting a make-over, similar to what Federal Labs did with the Webley No 1 Mk 1. Either that or these are just knock-offs that copy the design.
    The base gun is pretty spot on, aside from some upgraded/changed furniture. I have seen various versions on company's websites from Pakistan, Israel, Bulgaria, China, etc.
    Iran has the Hoshdar KP which are copies of the pistol version of the Webley Schermuly. They also have the Hoshdar TP which has the extended barrel, foregrip, and stock, which sounds like a copy of the Webley Schermuly (full length version) but I have not seen an image of that particular model to verify.
    According to some things I read, it sounds like the Schermuly's spent some time in Northern Ireland with the British Army from the 60's to the 80's (not 100% on this)

Would absolutely love for feedback on anything else that y'all have found out on this elusive piece. It is a life-long goal of mine to own one. I am sure that trying to deactivate it and import it would be a huge pain, fingers crossed there is one of these floating around the USA....

One random link to an old auction with a pistol version of the Schermuly:

https://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/1154...OT_TESTED.html
    02 38mm Anti-Riot Gun Model NARG38.png 509278535_EximZbI7HzeOZHbdjo9.jpg anti-riot-gun-solo.jpg download.png egypt-riot-police_3047169k.jpg LOCAL201312211612359242445484368.jpg pistols anti riot gun.jpg tear-gas-gun2.png tumblr_inline_obww5tMSFG1sa49ij_540.jpg watching-recommendation-slide-1VGJ-videoSixteenByNine768.jpg
    02 38mm Anti-Riot Gun Model NARG38.png 509278535_EximZbI7HzeOZHbdjo9.jpg anti-riot-gun-solo.jpg download.png egypt-riot-police_3047169k.jpg LOCAL201312211612359242445484368.jpg pistols anti riot gun.jpg tear-gas-gun2.png tumblr_inline_obww5tMSFG1sa49ij_540.jpg watching-recommendation-slide-1VGJ-videoSixteenByNine768.jpg

TheZeroEffect likes this.
  2. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Founder

That is a really tough one. I got one from OdiWan72 and while I would love to own an original, his replicas are so good (and the originals so rare) that I am very happy with his. Still working on modeling the tip.

bossk-relby-v10-replica.jpg

Viper likes this.
  3. Viper

Viper Member

4. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Founder

Latest revision to the barrel tip I have been working on. It is almost impossible to say if it is right or not, but it is the best I can manage based on the images available. bossk-relby-v10-barrel-tip.JPG

Viper likes this.
  5. Viper

Viper Member

That looks fantastic!!!