For Sale The Empire Strikes Back Helmet by MachineCraft (ESB-MC)

Lucksy31 - ESB Shoulder Decal

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
Wave 2 is full! We are no longer accepting orders until we get Wave 1 fulfilled, which should be later this month. Those who would still like a helmet please make sure you’re signed up on the Interest List and we will email you when we begin accepting orders again.

Thanks all!

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
Hey all-

Just want to provide a quick update. We are going to have to delay shipping for approximately 3-4 weeks. I've said it before, but my absolute top priority is providing you all with the best quality helmet and ears above all else. There are 3 things we're working to accomplish in this time:

1. Helmets - We received some bad material that ended up in a finish I was not happy with. We've replaced this material and are replacing these helmets in the lineup so that they meet our expectations. We will announce what we're doing with the 'B Grade' helmets at a later time.

2. Ears - We are running off one of the ear pieces again to make sure it is consistent with the finish I have promised you all. The ears are still going to come 'Raw', and will need prep work to paint, but they will be significantly smoother than previous ears, and with much better edges. The pieces we have done this on have exceeded my expectations and i'm really happy with them. I think you all will be also.

3. Plaque - There was a desire expressed for some sort of COA or plaque. I don't believe a CoA is the right move because in order to 'Certify' something you should be of authority or 'Certified'. However, a plaque makes a great addition to any display and is something we are working to accomplish so that it can ship with the helmets. I will have more to share on this as we finalize our design.

At the end of the day I absolutely hate that there had to be a delay, but it is more important to me that those of you who have ordered a helmet/ears kit will have no doubt in your mind that you got the best possible product in existence. I firmly believe these items will seal that deal.

See you soon,

Dakota

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
Still on track for mid August shipping?

We are still shooting to get shipping started by the end of the month. Ears are finished and I have been boxing them up so they can be put in the boxes with the helmets as they are completed. Plaques and stands have been created and ordered and should arrive next week. The last hurdle is really getting the helmets completed.

Unfortunately we live in one of the most humid spots in the country and have been battling rain/high humidity constantly the past month. That has dropped our yields on helmets to lower than I’d like as the material we’re using as a gelcoat does not like excess humidity. This next week and a half will give me a good idea of how many we will be able to get out the door before September, and I’ll communicate accordingly.

Image and reputation are very important to me, and for that reason I made the call that we won’t be accepting any further orders until all of these current orders go out. Getting these done right is my one and only priority (so some cooperation from Mother Nature would be nice). We are almost there. Then we can discuss what will happen with some of the “B” grade casts that folks who purchased the helmet/ears package might get first dibs on. :)

Dakota

Jc27

Well-Known Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Not to side track the sales thread, but I just wnated to let everyone know that I am working on a light kit specific to this helmet kit. It will run off of 2 coin cell batteries rather than a 9v, but will still come with the 1sx1-t micro switch and the micro LEDs to light up the perspex piece. I am hoping to have the design finished up this weekend and get the boards ordered next weekend.

Takemetoyourfett

Active Hunter
Not to side track the sales thread, but I just wnated to let everyone know that I am working on a light kit specific to this helmet kit. It will run off of 2 coin cell batteries rather than a 9v, but will still come with the 1sx1-t micro switch and the micro LEDs to light up the perspex piece. I am hoping to have the design finished up this weekend and get the boards ordered next weekend.
Definitely will purchase one when ready!

Jango Fett Jr

Well-Known Hunter
Mine just arrived...Dear god it’s incredible!! I am speechless. I am without speech! Photos coming shortly

Edit: Not an in-depth review just yet, I just got the ears installed finger-tight before I adjust them. I’m just stunned by how perfect it is. Incredible work by Machinecraft all around!!

Attachments

• BF80694D-29C5-478D-B215-AD1E13EA5BE7.jpeg
    BF80694D-29C5-478D-B215-AD1E13EA5BE7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 188
  • D6A80D09-D6EE-474C-9E57-8C1C16BA9DBE.jpeg
    D6A80D09-D6EE-474C-9E57-8C1C16BA9DBE.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 188
  • 5A64A39F-9FCC-4F41-B353-2DFD73FC2286.jpeg
    5A64A39F-9FCC-4F41-B353-2DFD73FC2286.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 173
  • 61BE402C-E0A1-4F4B-A946-6507F85EB1F6.jpeg
    61BE402C-E0A1-4F4B-A946-6507F85EB1F6.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 184
  • D5CBECC4-7875-4866-A39C-FE08ACAE8B90.jpeg
    D5CBECC4-7875-4866-A39C-FE08ACAE8B90.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 160
  • F2A324CC-7E09-465D-BC08-CF2830AD2DA8.jpeg
    F2A324CC-7E09-465D-BC08-CF2830AD2DA8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 153
  • A671F8BE-79FC-492C-88E6-E3A749085560.jpeg
    A671F8BE-79FC-492C-88E6-E3A749085560.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
All orders that have been paid for are packed up and will be dropped off Monday morning. I have 5 sets of ears remaining and will pair those with 5 helmets to conclude this run. These 5 helmets will ship in 2 weeks. If you would like to reserve one of the 5 please send us an email and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Lucksy31 - ESB Chest Decal