For Sale The Empire Strikes Back Helmet by MachineCraft (ESB-MC)

Lucksy31 - ESB Helmet Decals

cbrant

Hunter
In terms of my interest for this helmet, 2nd or 3rd gen doesn't really matter to me, but now I'm super interested in how the generations should technically be counted.

My gut instinct would be that the original prop does not count as a generation and any copy taken directly from it would be the first generation.

Googling doesn't really help clarify, but here's the definitions I found:

1. The definition of first-generation is the first type of a product that is made, or the first people in a family to immigrate to a new country.
    1. Immigrants who come to the country as the first in their family are an example of first-generation immigrants.
    2. A product that has never before been made is an example of a first-generation product.
Based on the second bullet I guess it really comes down to if you want to consider the actual ESB helmet an ownable product, or something like a prototype to make products from?

If you make it analogous to something else we are all familiar with, Jango Fett (=Original ESB Helmet) wouldn't be considered a first generation clone, he would be considered the original and every clone made from DNA pulled directly from him would be a first generation clone. If you made more clones from Boba's DNA, those would be second generation clones.

Though I could still see it argued either way. I have no stake in it either way.

Pics of the back panels please!

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
So, in the nature of transparency with regards to the lineage with such a bold claim, where did the 1st generation casting come from?

In lieu of sharing my source publicly, I have opted to submit proof to the TDH Admins who have verified the claims. Please see Scott's post above.

Your photos show a ton of the details on the top, sides and front. How about some photos of the back panels?

These are simply the most interesting and prominent details on the helmet.

If you are concerned that mine is one of the FP recasts with the sanded back panel that have been floating around you would be incorrect, but nice try at derailing. I am sure being the man of integrity that you are that these pictures will certainly not be used as reference for "your" other "projects." ;)

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 06.jpg

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 14.jpg

Wasted Fett

Literally Asian
whoops! Someone who molded it forgot to pick out that brush bristle in that first layer.
BE32BD47-089C-41EB-B352-C1D9CAE281F4.jpeg

In lieu of sharing my source publicly, I have opted to submit proof to the TDH Admins who have verified the claims. Please see Scott's post above.

These are simply the most interesting and prominent details on the helmet.

If you are concerned that mine is one of the FP recasts with the sanded back panel that have been floating around you would be incorrect, but nice try at derailing. I am sure being the man of integrity that you are that these pictures will certainly not be used as reference for "your" other "projects." ;)

View attachment 190867

View attachment 190868

Malc

New Hunter
Jesus Dakota I havent even had a chance to install the previous set of ears I bought from you and now you have me committing not only to a new pair of ears but a helmet as well. I cant wait to see it in person!

Just to confirm the helmet and ears will ship together in late July?

juan7fernandez

New Hunter
I have seen a few people as of late count generations this way, but this is not historically (for TDH or the RPF) how generations have been counted. The original item is generation 0 because it is THE item. A casting of that item would be a 1st generation copy of the original item. A copy of that copy would be a 2nd generation item of the original item.

Counting the original item as the 1st generation creates confusion, at least in my mind, and is not how I have ever seen any item with lineage counted.

I tried explaining this before with a diagram but some people have a hard time understanding it. Their reasoning for it is that the sculpt was the step #0, but the reality is that we are not after the original sculpt. We trying to capture what was on screen. Making the original prop, step #0 in the lineage.

Untitled-1.jpg

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Juan,

This is a perfect illustration.

I tried explaining this before with a diagram but some people have a hard time understanding it. Their reasoning for it is that the sculpt was the step #0, but the reality is that we are not after the original sculpt. We trying to capture what was on screen. Making the original prop, step #0 in the lineage.

View attachment 190955

Darth Voorhees - Chin Cup