For Sale The Empire Strikes Back Helmet by MachineCraft (ESB-MC)

Darth Voorhees - Chin Cup

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
[CLICK HERE TO ORDER] - Final cost for Helmet/Ears combo is $1099 shipped to the US or $1159 International. Please only use this link if you are ready to place your order - full amount is due at time of order unless there is a special circumstance you have discussed with me. Once submit, you will receive an email within 24-48 hours with ordering instructions. Thanks!

**UPDATE** - 07/23/2020

Hey all-

Just want to provide a quick update. We are going to have to delay shipping for approximately 3-4 weeks. I've said it before, but my absolute top priority is providing you all with the best quality helmet and ears above all else. There are 3 things we're working to accomplish in this time:

1. Helmets - We received some bad material that ended up in a finish I was not happy with. We've replaced this material and are replacing these helmets in the lineup so that they meet our expectations. We will announce what we're doing with the 'B Grade' helmets at a later time.

2. Ears - We are running off one of the ear pieces again to make sure it is consistent with the finish I have promised you all. The ears are still going to come 'Raw', and will need prep work to paint, but they will be significantly smoother than previous ears, and with much better edges. The pieces we have done this on have exceeded my expectations and i'm really happy with them. I think you all will be also.

3. Plaque - There was a desire expressed for some sort of COA or plaque. I don't believe a CoA is the right move because in order to 'Certify' something you should be of authority or 'Certified'. However, a plaque makes a great addition to any display and is something we are working to accomplish so that it can ship with the helmets. I will have more to share on this as we finalize our design.

At the end of the day I absolutely hate that there had to be a delay, but it is more important to me that those of you who have ordered a helmet/ears kit will have no doubt in your mind that you got the best possible product in existence. I firmly believe these items will seal that deal.

See you soon,

Dakota

**UPDATE** - 06/25/2020

We only have 3 spots left for Wave 2. Thanks all!

**UPDATE** - 06/25/2020

We have 8 total spots left for Wave 2, which will ship Late July to Early August. First come, first serve.

Once these 8 spots are full we will stop taking orders until Wave 1 is complete.

Everyone who has entered the Interest List for the helmet has been emailed. If you didn’t receive an email, please PM me here and we will figure it out. Thank you all!

**UPDATE** - 06/07/2020

Slight change of plans - rather than email those who signed the interest list earliest and wait for days for a response before moving to the next person in line, we are going to email the rest of everyone that is on the interest list, and prioritize orders in the order we receive them. This will be a much less involved and speedier process for everyone involved and in turn will give us more time to focus on production. Unlike the FPH2 ears we did not require a deposit, so understandably it is harder to determine when those who signed up will be ready to order. We will still process the orders in Waves, but I will announce when we reach the Wave 1 cutoff.

Those who have already paid or already put down a deposit after discussing it with me will be unaffected by this change. I do want to note that we have not listed these for sale elsewhere but we will begin doing so this week. As always if there are any questions, please reach out to me directly and i'll do my best to address them.

**UPDATE** - 06/03/2020

We have been overwhelmed (in the best way possible) by the response to this project and are coordinating multiple efforts to meet demand. With that being said, we want to pace ourselves and temper expectations. Rather than accept all orders now, we are going to process orders in Waves.

The main bottleneck is how fast we can produce the helmets without sacrificing quality. With that being said, we are going to be reaching out to the first group of folks which are in Wave 1. Wave 1 will consist of only the amount of orders we feel 99% certain we will have no problem meeting by the end of July. Wave 2 will consist of any additional helmet/ears combos that we are able to ship immediately following Wave 1. Additional communications will be announced as we get closer to the ship date.

**UPDATE**

After announcing the MachineCraft Hero Ears, we have been flooded with one question, “Which helmet(s) will these ears fit?” Customers have been rightfully concerned that our ears, created using measurements from the screen-used ears, would be too large to match castings of the ESB Hero helmet that have been made available lately. Many of the currently available castings are 4th, 5th, even 6th gen, each suffering from varying degrees of generational shrinkage due to repeated remolding as they make their way through the community.

We have given considerable thought on how to address this concern. Obviously, we can’t make a new set of ears for every generation or ensure our ears fit every seller’s helmet. With that in mind, we are incredibly excited to offer a perfect mate for our upcoming Hero Ears – A definitive helmet that we hope will reintroduce ultimate accuracy (and if we are honest, a bit of transparency) into our community – The Empire Strikes Back Helmet by MachineCraft (ESB-MC).

Our helmet will be offered exclusively to those who purchase the MachineCraft Hero Ears in a 1:1 ratio; buy a set of ears and we offer you the chance to purchase a helmet to go with them. This is not about exclusivity but about ensuring those who purchase our ears have the opportunity to own a helmet the ears will fit on perfectly.

Please note that we currently have no plans of creating a new mold once this one is shot. We do not know how many pulls we will get before the quality diminishes so those who have signed up for our interest list [CLICK HERE] will have the first opportunity to order both the ears and the helmet when we begin taking orders.

Pictures:

NOTE: The ears pictured below are very early prototypes of the MachineCraft Hero Ears and do not reflect the final product we will offer.

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 01.jpg

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 07.jpg

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 08.jpg

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 09.jpg

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 11.jpg

ESB-MC Boba Fett Helmet 10.jpg

What you get with this helmet:
  • Your helmet will be a TRUE 2nd Generation ESB Helmet casting. We have submitted a work sample and proof of lineage to the TDH Admins. I will let them respond here to verify our claim. This is the only 2nd Generation casting available at this time.
  • All the scratches, dents, and paint details as seen on the Empire Strikes Back Hero helmet as it is today are present on our helmet. This includes all of the damage, repairs, warping, and ‘wonkiness.’ I have included pictures of the paint details (see above), embedded in the casting so you can see the incredible detail of our castings.
  • A perfect fit for your MachineCraft Hero Ears. Without even using a template you can drill out the hole locations from the original helmet and the ears will sit exactly where they need to. Your painter will thank you.
  • Professionally cast – We specialize in metal, not fiberglass. We have outsourced the fiberglass work to an individual that has been working with fiberglass for longer than I have been alive. The end result is a very uniform lightweight cast that is clean, crisp, and professionally glassed.

What you will NOT get with this helmet:
  • An unclear or questionable lineage.
  • A ‘cleaned up’ casting with details removed or altered.
  • A vendor logo or age indicator on the front of the helmet – We understand not everyone will want to paint this piece or cut out the visor, so we have opted to leave it completely unaltered.

NOTE: As stated above, this is a verified 2nd Generation casting. We stand behind this being the best casting available to date and very likely to be the best casting to ever be made available to the public. If other makers choose to challenge these statements I suggest they submit a work sample of their own to the admin team and allow the findings of that submission to be shared publicly.

Pricing/Availability:
  • Helmet castings will cost $500 plus actual shipping if not shipped with your ears order.
  • Helmets and ears will tentatively ship in Late July. This will give us time to finish the production of our Hero Ears and will allow us to ship the two together.
  • This helmet is available exclusively to those who purchase our Hero Ears. Those who have signed up on our Interest List [CLICK HERE] will get the first opportunity to order both the Ears and Helmet before we create an official sales thread.

As always, we will communicate updates both in this thread and via Social Media. I’m looking forward to showing you all more!

Dakota

Last edited:

joe

Jr Hunter
So we just fill out the google form and receive a confirmation, right? I just did it, since man... that helmet looks amazing for an SE costume aka me.

Also... potentially dumb question, but what rangefinder is compatible with the metal stalk?

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
So we just fill out the google form and receive a confirmation, right? I just did it, since man... that helmet looks amazing for an SE costume aka me.

Also... potentially dumb question, but what rangefinder is compatible with the metal stalk?

Correct. When we start taking orders those who filled out the Interest List form will be notified via email with all of the details before an official sales post goes up.

Regarding the Rangefinder - I have an older one that I believe to be a Terminal Fettler that seems to fit them with little to no issues. With that being said, I have been meaning to reach out to Garrett and if he is interested we can make sure he has Rangefinders that will fit the mounting hole placement.

boba87fett

Active Hunter
Well, Dakota you take the cake for being the first one to officially put this out in the wild 100% raw lol... someone had to do it eventually. Only makes sense that it was you to pull the trigger haha

Glad to see this become available to the community - get ready to paint by numbers guys.

joe

Jr Hunter
Correct. When we start taking orders those who filled out the Interest List form will be notified via email with all of the details before an official sales post goes up.

Regarding the Rangefinder - I have an older one that I believe to be a Terminal Fettler that seems to fit them with little to no issues. With that being said, I have been meaning to reach out to Garrett and if he is interested we can make sure he has Rangefinders that will fit the mounting hole placement.

Awesome. Filled it out and got confirmation. Excited to get pricing and buy it when it drops! The pictures look amazing.

MachineCraft

Active Hunter
1st gen is actual ESB.
2nd gen is the efx.
3rd gen is this?
right?

What I have been told and agree with is that because we are replicating specifically the ESB Helmet, the lineage for that helmet goes like this:

Original Prop (ESB Helmet) -> 1st Generation -> 2nd Generation, etc.

Last edited:

boba97

New Hunter
After announcing the MachineCraft Hero Ears, we have been flooded with one question, “Which helmet(s) will these ears fit?” Customers have been rightfully concerned that our ears, created using measurements from the screen-used ears, would be too large to match castings of the ESB Hero helmet that have been made available lately. Many of the currently available castings are 4th, 5th, even 6th gen, each suffering from varying degrees of generational shrinkage due to repeated remolding as they make their way through the community.

We have given considerable thought on how to address this concern. Obviously, we can’t make a new set of ears for every generation or ensure our ears fit every seller’s helmet. With that in mind, we are incredibly excited to offer a perfect mate for our upcoming Hero Ears – A definitive helmet that we hope will reintroduce ultimate accuracy (and if we are honest, a bit of transparency) into our community – The Empire Strikes Back Helmet by MachineCraft (ESB-MC).

Our helmet will be offered exclusively to those who purchase the MachineCraft Hero Ears in a 1:1 ratio; buy a set of ears and we offer you the chance to purchase a helmet to go with them. This is not about exclusivity but about ensuring those who purchase our ears have the opportunity to own a helmet the ears will fit on perfectly.

Please note that we currently have no plans of creating a new mold once this one is shot. We do not know how many pulls we will get before the quality diminishes so those who have signed up for our interest list [CLICK HERE] will have the first opportunity to order both the ears and the helmet when we begin taking orders.

Pictures:

NOTE: The ears pictured below are very early prototypes of the MachineCraft Hero Ears and do not reflect the final product we will offer.

View attachment 190860

View attachment 190861

View attachment 190862

View attachment 190863

View attachment 190865

View attachment 190864

What you get with this helmet:
  • Your helmet will be a TRUE 2nd Generation ESB Helmet casting. We have submitted a work sample and proof of lineage to the TDH Admins. I will let them respond here to verify our claim. This is the only 2nd Generation casting available at this time.
  • All the scratches, dents, and paint details as seen on the Empire Strikes Back Hero helmet as it is today are present on our helmet. This includes all of the damage, repairs, warping, and ‘wonkiness.’ I have included pictures of the paint details (see above), embedded in the casting so you can see the incredible detail of our castings.
  • A perfect fit for your MachineCraft Hero Ears. Without even using a template you can drill out the hole locations from the original helmet and the ears will sit exactly where they need to. Your painter will thank you.
  • Professionally cast – We specialize in metal, not fiberglass. We have outsourced the fiberglass work to an individual that has been working with fiberglass for longer than I have been alive. The end result is a very uniform lightweight cast that is clean, crisp, and professionally glassed.

What you will NOT get with this helmet:
  • An unclear or questionable lineage.
  • A ‘cleaned up’ casting with details removed or altered.
  • A vendor logo or age indicator on the front of the helmet – We understand not everyone will want to paint this piece or cut out the visor, so we have opted to leave it completely unaltered.

NOTE: As stated above, this is a verified 2nd Generation casting. We stand behind this being the best casting available to date and very likely to be the best casting to ever be made available to the public. If other makers choose to challenge these statements I suggest they submit a work sample of their own to the admin team and allow the findings of that submission to be shared publicly.

Pricing/Availability:
  • Helmet castings will cost $500 plus actual shipping if not shipped with your ears order.
  • Helmets and ears will tentatively ship in Late July. This will give us time to finish the production of our Hero Ears and will allow us to ship the two together.
  • This helmet is available exclusively to those who purchase our Hero Ears. Those who have signed up on our Interest List [CLICK HERE] will get the first opportunity to order both the Ears and Helmet before we create an official sales thread.

As always, we will communicate updates both in this thread and via Social Media. I’m looking forward to showing you all more!

Dakota

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
1st gen is actual ESB.
2nd gen is the efx.
3rd gen is this?
right?

I have seen a few people as of late count generations this way, but this is not historically (for TDH or the RPF) how generations have been counted. The original item is generation 0 because it is THE item. A casting of that item would be a 1st generation copy of the original item. A copy of that copy would be a 2nd generation item of the original item.

Counting the original item as the 1st generation creates confusion, at least in my mind, and is not how I have ever seen any item with lineage counted.

boba87fett

Active Hunter
What I have been told and agree with is that because we replicating specifically the ESB Helmet, the lineage for that helmet goes like this:

Original Prop (ESB Helmet) -> 1st Generation -> 2nd Generation, etc.

So, in the nature of transparency with regards to the lineage with such a bold claim, where did the 1st generation casting come from?

Your photos show a ton of the details on the top, sides and front. How about some photos of the back panels? Is the detail captured on the bank panels as sharply as it is everywhere else?

Last edited:
Lucksy31 - ESB Helmet Decals