The Birth of...MacFett!

Greetings Folks!
As those who have read my introduction and first post are aware I am new here, new to the Fett costume hobby, and beginning a slightly different Fett kit. Specifically a MacFett or Scottish Boba Fett kit.
Essentially a spot on RotJ kit from the waist up and kilted from the waist down with the following variations:
  • The cape with be a MacDonald Lord of the Isles tartan with a contrasting solid dark blue stripe similar in feel to the ESB cape
  • A custom British tan, aged Kilt belt over the girth belt with the eight ammo pouches
  • Kilt boots (WWII US 1941 garrison boots) w/ olive green spats, kilt hose and flashes.
  • A custom made Wookie faced sporran which roars when opened. (fortunately I’m 80% done with this already)

The last item of that list, the sporran is already well along and will be completed this weekend. This will be the sporran MK I which is just a first stab made with craft fur, Sculpy pieces, and leather. I already have plans to make a better MK II with yak hair once I find a reliable source. So just for laughs here are some pictures of this piece of the kit which started this whole hair brained, idiotic idea….
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, things are moving along nicely. I have my FettPride FPG2-RotJ lid ordered, a set of RotJ braids ordered from Woodman, an RF servo and light kit on deck from jc27, and a three hole Borden dental connector on order as well. I've dropped hints to the wife that an airbrush kit for my coming Birthday in July wouldn't be amiss either!

Well, things are moving along nicely. I have my FettPride FPG2-RotJ lid ordered, a set of RotJ braids ordered from Woodman, an RF servo and light kit on deck from jc27, and a three hole Borden dental connector on order as well. I've dropped hints to the wife that an airbrush kit for my coming Birthday in July wouldn't be amiss either!

what made you choose to switch from the awesomeness that is ESB to ROTJ?

Sent from my R2 unit

what made you choose to switch from the awesomeness that is ESB to ROTJ?

Sent from my R2 unit

There were a few things actually. First I had to decide which helmet creator I wanted to go with. After much research, emailing and mulling it over I decided to go with Chris from FettPride. When I did I found Rubio95's spectacular reviews with fantastic pictures of the unfinished helmets and I was really taken with the damage that was worked into the RotJ as opposed to the ESB. Then I spent a few days comparing the two total costumes and I simply like the color palate of the RotJ outfit. There's more variety of color and I think it will look nicer with my MacDonald Lord of the Isles tartan kilt. which is largely greens, blues, with flashes of red.
MacDonald-of-the-Isles-Green-Ancient-8oz-wool-tartan-swatch_lg.jpg
There are trade offs of course. For example I am far fonder of the ESB EE-3 rather than the RotJ EE-3. While I like the red color of the RotJ gauntlets, I like all of the different things hanging off of the ESB gauntlets more. It was most certainly a tough choice though.

More progress!
- Ordered a set of RotJ decals (the Goathead and Flight Insignia) from Scott Luck
- Ordered a set of RotJ Wookie scalps from Woodman
- Thanks to the advice of some members here I have what I think will be a nice workable solution for sound FX using the 'VoiceSynth' app, my iPhone, a Y splitter and a mic and speaker
- and I have my soft kit ordered from Carole!!
As always, thank you guys and gals for your continued assistance, advice, and encouragement!!

So a bit more progress. I snafued a bit on the sound FX electronics for the helmet and ordered a couple of the wrong parts but I intend to remedy that on Wednesday thanks to the sage advice of Crumdum.

However today I received a vital component! Imported from across the pond I received a large remnant of Macdonald tartan to make the cape!! It will match the kilt of course and I'm going to throw in a deep yellow stripe in the middle I think, for a pattern similar to the ESB cape.
image.jpg

So more slow and steady progress. As seen in my review thread, I've secured the decals, wookie scalpes, and light kit for the RF.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Today, with the help of photos and threads found here on TDH, I whipped out a set of RotJ hip pouches...
image.jpg
Now I know the stitching sucks but I really don't sew. That's my good lady wife's department normally. But I wanted to do something on my own and these where easy to figure out in my head...eventually. Plus I have a TON of scrap canvas. So I gave it a shot.

Next up I think I'm going to give the leather ammo cartridge pouches a try. They are going to live on my existing kilt belt for the MacFett kit and will also be used with my future RotJ kit, just like the above hip pouches.

I wouldn't get too nit-picky on the stitching; I think it looks fine! I also read your review thread, and plan on making the same purchases as you, so it's great to hear good things about your experiences thus far!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back