Superjedi's ROTJ/SE for Viva Fett

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I got the base colors down on the ears. While these are drying I'll start working on some of the weathering stages on the helmet.

20220818_184250.jpg 20220818_184112.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Starting on some of helmet weathering this weekend.
In these pics I've added the white thumbprints, and the tape repair effect below the killstripes.
You can see how it changes based on how the light hits it.

20220819_182701.jpg 20220819_182638.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
I got the black arch airbrushed onto the RF ear cap.
Tried a new (to me) product this time around -- Tamiya tape for curves. It's the white tape in these pics. It works really well and I'll keep using it on future projects.

20220820_155041.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Yeah it's just made of a more flexible material. It has about the same adhesion as their regular yellow tape, which is great.

Boba Fett's weathering includes some greasy looking stains on the dome.
Honestly, Boba, fix those leaks in Slave I's cockpit! ;)

20220821_134051.jpg 20220821_134032.jpg
 

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Number 63 is finished! :)
The SE helmets are a lot of fun to work on. They're so grungy!
To recap, this was a Viva Fett "lineage" kit with resin ears and an aluminum RF stalk. It's going back to Viva Fett and he'll be able to display it along with the ESB screen used version I did for him a couple of months ago.
Here's a gallery of completed pics. As always, thanks for following along with the build!
Stay Fett-y!

20220826_180755.jpg 20220826_180154.jpg 20220826_180244.jpg

20220826_180615.jpg 20220826_180531.jpg 20220826_180428.jpg

20220826_180704.jpg 20220826_180341.jpg
 
Top