Starting an ESB Fett down under

Jasonic88

New Hunter
Hi everyone!
I've been a member here for a few months now, but have been pretty quiet on the boards so far, just researching and trying to take in all the information!

I live in Adelaide, South Australia, and have made a bit of a start on my very own ESB Boba Fett costume. I'm hoping to get it 501st approved, having met the local garrison, and seeing all the charity work they do: it's something I want to be apart of.

I'm very new to costume building (and I know I've jumped straight into the deep end!), but the way I see it, there's no other costume for me!

I have already ordered a bunch of stuff (all my soft parts from Arkady, helmet and armour from fettpride, cape and braids from Woodman, and some guantlets from a DH member).

So far I have received my MoW boots girth belt and gloves, and my Delta13 ammo belt (which is amazing!).

I'll start a WIP once I receive the bulk of my items, but for now, I thought I'd say hi. Hi!

Have fun, its a a great hobby. Grab what u can sooner than late as the Aussie Dollar is predicted to plunge even further..

Hunter ( Gold Coast.)

hello! new member from Melbourne, Australia :) Also joining you in the deep end as I have started out on a rather ambitious armour build but I'm hoping my previous costume making skills will help me stay afloat :) Working on a Ronin version of Fett's armour as posted on facebook a couple of weeks ago and so far only have managed to get the templates sketched out, cos I also run a sewing/costume making business and it's been keeping me flat out! I'm happy to offer my services and skills to other members if required or just talk about how wonderful it is to find a few more fellow Aussies :)
an te jatne ner vode! :p

Hey Sandbunny, that Ronin Fett looks way cool! Awesome concept; can't wait to see what you come up with! Good luck, and keep us posted!

thanks Jasonic :) still waiting to see if anyone can help me with designing the templates for the knee and hand armour, otherwise I'll just have to fake it, as I'm sure we've all done from time to time, yes? ;) Seriously though, as a first time builder I really have jumped in the deep end but I am determined and hopefully I'll be able to make a build or three for others out there :)

cheers from Down Under :)

Hey, it's been a long time since I added to this thread. Since my build is back under way, I thought I'd revive it share some progress!

My helmet is getting very close to being finished. Here's a pic...

20210320_154154.jpg

There's a separate thread for that, if you want to check that out. Just waiting on some rangefinder parts to finish that off.

I also finally made a start on my MoW jetpack. Here's some progress on that:

FB_IMG_1620261734327.jpg

20210413_171213.jpg
20210505_123927.jpg
20210516_154512.jpg

I also have guantlets, as well as a bunch of soft parts, such as flight suit, vest, Cape, braids, both ammo belt and girth belt, boots, gloves, and neck seal.

So that's it for now. I going to keep adding to it when I can. But it's hard getting things shipped to Australia at the moment with things the way they are.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing okay through this crazy time.
Stay safe

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back