Special edition jetpack straps

clockworkronin

Jr Hunter
Hello all, I'm wondering if anyone here has pictures of the jetpack harness used in the special editions. I understand that ESB had white/canvas and ROTJ had black but I run across images that appear to use the white with ROTJ jetpack which makes me assume this must be the SE. I was wondering if this is correct.

I was under the impression that ROTJ also used white harness straps. Checking the TDH Gallery images for ROTJ, there are two images that appear to show light colored straps (images are a bit fuzzy, but definitely not black). SE edition photos also show light colored straps.

This is from the 501st site concerning the ROTJ jetpack:

• "Must attach snugly against the backplate via two black shoulder straps which exit the backplate armor through two slots located near the shoulder blades."

Thats why I'm wondering because I too have only seen white or light colored in the pics...

- - - Updated - - -

And the CRL on SE Fett is non existent at the moment while they work on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you link a picture of the black straps? Pretty sure they all used white or off-white straps coming from the seatbelt webbing harness (which is black). The only difference in the white parts is whether or not they have a rivet I believe. I know for certain that the AOSW exhibit uses white and that is considered SE.

Here is white from the ROTJ exhibit.
Boba-Fett-Costume-Return-of-the-Jedi-08.png

Here's from the Magic of Myth Exhibit which is considered ROTJ I think? Maybe SE? Either way, not ESB.
Boba-Fett-Costume-MoM-121601A-001.jpg

Here is from the Art of Star Wars Exhibit which is SE.

Boba-Fett-Costume-AoSW-2000-062.jpg

Another point I will note is that none of the accurate harness makers thus far have offered black attachment straps, just white ones.

I don't have any pics myself just what the 501st site says. Thanks for the info. I wanted to make sure I didnt have to get a new harness.

- - - Updated - - -

I really want to get into the group with this costume so that's why I posed the question in the first place.

the CRL's are a constant work in progress. build your costume to what is screen accurate, with the amount of reference available here you can easily make your case where the crl is incorrect.

As Mike stated above the CRL's are a constant work in progress. It looks like the wording hasn't been updated on the 501st CRL page, but if you go over to the Bounty Hunters Guild you can see the working draft that is being worked on to be implemented.

· Must attach snugly against the backplate via two white/canvas nylon shoulder straps which exit the backplate armor through two slots located near the shoulder blades.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back