Speaker in the M,O,M abb plate,

Prepro2

Active Hunter
I was just looking through the gallery to find if there are any pics that you can see how the armor is attached to the vest (if any one has found any please add the to the thread) when I noticed these 2 images were you can clearly see there is a small speaker behind the abb plate, This may be old news but ive not seen it mentioned , it also adds to reason that would have there originally been a mic in the helmet, as if you look in the PP2 pics you can see that there is a wire that runs up in to the helmet, As my intention is to build an as screen accurate as possible PP2 suit id like to find out as much about the workings of all of the components under the armor as much as on top

fett speaker.jpg

fett speaker parts.jpg

Also in this PP2 pic as well as the wire going to the helmet, which does look alot like the kind of wire that used to be attached to those small micraphones that came in those do it your self electronic kits back in the 70s and 80s,
and you can easily see the wire going under the abb plate up to were the are located on the MOM pics,

Boba-Fett-Second-Prototype-Kenner-05.jpg

I would send a PM to rafalfett, that guy knows more about fett than George Lucas.

I already noticed the speaker in the abdominal plate (although I'm not the only one) and the best proof of the working speaker is the Supertrooper footage (see more here ==> SuperTrooper Footage - New Link on StarWars.com) as we hear Duwayne Dunham's distorted voice while Ben Burtt points to the abdominal plate as the source of the sound.

ST Mic Wire.jpg

As for the armor attachment to the vest, there are several images that shows grommets on the vest and plastic screws glued on the armor and attached to the vest with plastic nuts:

Supertrooper Armor Attachment.jpg AoSW - C-IV Armor Attachment.jpg MoM - DaG - SWtE Armor Attachment.jpg Pre-Pro 2 Armor Attachment.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See, Raf is the man.
Raf, if they actually make a fett movie, they should hire you as an advisor. You probably know more about fett than anyone left at lucasfilm.

See, Raf is the man.
Raf, if they actually make a fett movie, they should hire you as an advisor. You probably know more about fett than anyone left at lucasfilm.

Thanks for the kind words, but I don't think I know that much about Fett, because I work with the same material that is available to you. My only guilt is that I spend too much time with the research...

Thanks Raf an Jc, those eyelets look like 20ml and the nylon screws look like there 15ml long and 5 ml thick, and thatg there mounted on a hexagon cut out shape of ABS, ,
What do u think ?

Thanks Raf an Jc, those eyelets look like 20ml and the nylon screws look like there 15ml long and 5 ml thick, and thatg there mounted on a hexagon cut out shape of ABS, ,
What do u think ?

I wanted to post this info earlier but the net at my work was down. Here are my measurements of the parts used to attach the armor to the vest:

Armor Attachment Measurements.jpg Shoulder Attachment Measurements.jpg

And these are some pretty close variants of the parts used:

Plastic Fastner 5mm.jpg Brass Grommets 22mm.jpg

And a sketch of these parts:

Armor Attachment Method.jpg Attachment Example.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Raf, yeah thats pretty close to what I was seeing, how ever I just eyeballed it, though I think Ill go for white Nylon screws,

Cheers

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back