Sonic weapon, shin tool

Rekr

New Hunter
So I was recently looking at the complete visual dictionary for Star Wars and I noticed that the sonic weapon that boba carries is way more complex than I have ever seen on anyone's costume... It has pipes and grooves and all sorts of stuff. I took a picture on my phone and I'm trying to figure out how to send it. Has anyone else seen this? And why isn't this part of the 501st requirements?

There are a couple of people that make the tools from that book, but most people just make the actual tools from the Paterson photography parts.

Those tools weren't used in the movie, and like Jc27 said, most people make them from the real Paterson parts which are readily available.

No, because we know what was used on screen, but people do use the version seen in that book, and if you were to want 501st clearance it wouldnt matter either way. That book took alot of creative license with alot of things.

This image might help you to decide which tools you want (more info here ==> RafalFett's Misc Templates and Blueprints - Post #3):

what-color-finish-esb-survival-knife-shin-tool-shin-tools-original-vs-fake-jpg-65829d1354470465

Note that the anti-security blade marked with a (?) is actually a ROTJ shin tool made from a Supertrooper/early Pre-Pro #1 tool.

And this image is a proof of which survival knife they used originally:

what-color-finish-esb-survival-knife-shin-tool-shin-tools-compatibility-jpg-65830d1354470491

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back