Shaunpug's (facechubb) ESB Boba Fett Build

facechubb

Active Hunter
Hi everyone! Been a member on this site for probably 10 years, but the time has finally come to start putting together my Fett. Fett has always been the dream costume so I want to do this thing right. I don't intend to do anything new here with my build...in fact, I'm not even planning on painting anything myself. I know that I could, but that's not what this build is about for me. There are so many people who know so much more about this costume than I ever will, and I can't wait to have their art on this costume.
I'll need all the help I can get on putting this beast together, but I can't wait!

I started with securing the soft parts and metal parts. I likely won't have much of that in hand for the next few months, but I do have several little things in hand.
I'm going to continually update my parts list on this first post...

PARTS LIST:

HELMET

Helmet - WastedFett
Helmet Paint - Fett4Real
Helmet Electronics - JC27
Helmet fans -
Metal Ears - MachineCraft
Vintage MQ-1

ARMOR
Armor - WastedFett
Armor Painting - Fett4Real
Chest Electronics - fettronics
Knee Darts - MachineCraft
Collar / Cod studs - MachineCraft

GAUNTLETS
Gauntlets - WastedFett
Gauntlet Painting – Fett4Real
Gauntlet Hose - Fett4Real
Gauntlet darts - ConvergenceProps
Gauntlet rocket - MachineCraft
Electronics - crumdrum
-Vintage MQ-1

JETPACK
Jetpack – WastedFett (on its way to paint)
Jetpack hardware - BigDane
Painting - Fett4Real
Metal Jetpack Greeblies – Beacon - MachineCraft
Stabilizer - MachineCraft
Thruster side greeblies - MachineCraft
Thruster front greeblie - MachineCraft
Thruster discs - MachineCraft
Dental Files - 01Hawk
Jeptpack buckle - Vintage US Divers
Jetpack Harness - BigDane

SOFT PARTS
Flightsuit, vest, neckseal, pouches - Clothears
Flightsuit Weathering - Clothears
Gloves - Clothears
Girth belt - Woodman
Ammo Belt (vintage vinyl) - Woodman
Wookie Braids - Woodman
Cape - Woodman
Boots – ImperialBoots
Boot Weathering - Fett4Real
Boot Spikes - ImperialBoots (came with boots)

ETC
Vintage MQ-1 Calculator - Acquired
Shin tools - Real Paterson Squeegee & Chemical Stirrer, Michell Stylus Replicas - MachineCraft
Sidearm -
Sidearm holster -
EE-3 -

Last edited:
Well...here's my starting point!
Anyone know exactly how to disassemble the MQ-1 to be used properly on the costume?
I considered weathering the boots now but figured I may as well wait for the Clothears stuff to come in so I can match the weathering.

20180514_164840.jpg

You'll have to pry it open using a flathead or something similar. It's a little frightening but it should be fine as long as you don't use excessive force. The keypad will have to be cut from the rest of the front for use on the gauntlets--be careful of all the individual keys if you separate it from the underlying bottom portion of the circuit board (which I believe was not visibly used) --but keep the upper half for use in the back of the helmet. The battery cover was used in the original mold for the gauntlets but isn't detailed enough on the costume to ever justify using the actual piece. I don't think I'm missing anything else it was used for.

You'll have to pry it open using a flathead or something similar. It's a little frightening but it should be fine as long as you don't use excessive force. The keypad will have to be cut from the rest of the front for use on the gauntlets--be careful of all the individual keys if you separate it from the underlying bottom portion of the circuit board (which I believe was not visibly used) --but keep the upper half for use in the back of the helmet. The battery cover was used in the original mold for the gauntlets but isn't detailed enough on the costume to ever justify using the actual piece. I don't think I'm missing anything else it was used for.
Thanks man! I managed to get the two halves apart. Where exactly do I need to cut the keypad and what would be recommended for such a thin cut?
I plan on getting Wasted Fett's gauntlets if that makes a difference.

The circuit IS used in the gauntlet actually its what holds all the keys in the keypad.... you can see it in the ROTJ gaunts even if you look in the gallery hard enough.

The half that is used in the gaunt is the half that's not in the helmet and vice versa.

When I cut the MQ1's for people gaunts I just dremel and then sand the sides to get them to fit into the gaunt. Id hold off for the fitting till you have the shells in hand from WF.

The circuit IS used in the gauntlet actually its what holds all the keys in the keypad.... you can see it in the ROTJ gaunts even if you look in the gallery hard enough.

The half that is used in the gaunt is the half that's not in the helmet and vice versa.

When I cut the MQ1's for people gaunts I just dremel and then sand the sides to get them to fit into the gaunt. Id hold off for the fitting till you have the shells in hand from WF.
I figured that would be best!

How are you liking the Imperial Boots? I'm looking at a pair myself to upgrade my current ones (first gen CA Boots) and thought these look nice. Can't wait to see your progress!

Just put in my order for a set of everything WastedFett has to offer.
Currently I'm trying to get on the list for one of BigDane's jetpack harnesses. It might end up being his next run.

Awesome. I am going to be picking up a helmet and armor from him for my build. Top notch stuff. Can't wait to see your build come together!
Me too! I can't believe it's actually happening haha. It's funny because even though I've got most everything ordered, I won't actually see it come together for like another year! Haha

Welcome to the group! Take your time. Its been over two years for me. Life happens and gets in the way. You cant go wrong with getting stuff from wastedfett. His stuff is accurate and well made. Cool guy too. Just got the hatness from BigDane and its awesome.

Ya I dont mind waiting. I think if I were younger and didn't have kids it would be harder to wait but there's always so much going in every new development with Fett feels like a special surprise haha

Long time no update, as I'm sure it goes for most Fetts. Fett4Real is hard at work painting up all of my armor (minus the Anovos jetpack as clearly no one has one yet), Clothears should be shipping out my suit in the next couple weeks.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back