Screwed up big on my left ESB gauntlet

Malkavian

Hunter
I finished my gauntlets using Wizard's templates. They look amazing and I am happy with them.

But then I finished the ESB flame thrower and realized there is not room to attach the flame thrower. The ESB left gauntlet has a larger flat face than ROTJ gauntlet. Wizard's templates are made for ROTJ and not the ESB.

I can mount my flame thrower a little high but I will not have enough room for the three wires to insert into the gauntlet. If I skip the wires, does that void 501 entry??

IMG_20151231_192544.jpg

I have clamshell ABS gaunts and I had a similar issue.
My solution was cut out a piece of plastic, paint it and attach it to the top part of the gauntlet.
Here are pics from WiP thread showing what I did http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/wip-esb-fett-rapidly-expanding-project-49771/index4.html
I was then able to attach the flamethrower to the top part of the gaunt and attach the end of the cords/cables to the newly added piece.
Check out the pics in case my description doesn't make sense.
You'd never know the extra piece is there on my gauntlet. It helps that RKDs flamethrower is so awesome and steals all the attention :)

Mine just close with velcro on both sides. It's decent and works, but it's not great. Usually a couple of times a troop I need to tighten them up a bit and usually need someone to do it for me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back