scratchbuilt keyholes


Active Hunter
With the help of Wizard of Flight, I built a new keyhole detail based on his amazing drawing and scaled overlay he made up for me. Thanks a bunch Alan(y) Your talent continues to help us all. The best part of the new piece was that I was able to cleanly incorparate the MQ-1 right into the casting, meaning no more cutting and filing away the holes. It takes a fraction of the time to plug in the new detail than to do all the other work.

Thanks again Alan! keep up the good work.:)



Last edited by a moderator:
I've always used that area to install a flow-through screen for air circulation. Will the standard version still be offered, which might be easier to Dremel out?
I probably will offer these pieces out if guys are interested in them. In about a month my revised bucket will be available and this will be the detail included. I'm doing this because its far more screen accurate.
I was lucky enough to get one of these, definitely an improvment over the old ones which were a major pain.
I actually sanded out the molded-in MQ-1 chip and replaced it with my cast I got, but it still looks very similar (I am aware my camera blows).



Last edited by a moderator:
In about a month my revised bucket will be available and this will be the detail included.

Oh great, in a little more than a month or so I am going to have another helmet that I have to paint up. Thanks a lot Jordi ;)
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.