Scratch building Ralph McQuarrie concept helmet.

Come to think of it, I never posted a picture of me wearing the helmet ( for size reference) so here is me!

duo.jpg

How large and with what margins did you print the helmet .pdf? Assuming you used the WOF templates, of course.

I am very desperate to find out as I am trying to get all my templates printed out and finished.

Hey Sorry for the late reaction, I haven't been on the forum a few months. I did use the WOF templates, but I imported them to Illustrator to tweak the design so it would look like the concept helmet. I also roughly scaled it so it would fit my head (first made a simple mold from cardboard strips that fitted my head so I measure height with etc) these measurements I used to scale the tweaked drawings for printing.

Absolutely fantastic!!! I have a SGB concept that is way too small for my head.......I know, pity it's not full of brains. I was looking to make a scratch brother for my one so that I could wear it.

I love the way you've done this helmet and it really has Given me some great ideas on how to go about my build. It's so wonderful to see top quality examples of Ralph's work, especially our beloved Boba!!!

So following your build pictures it looks like this was mostly done out of plastic sheets/styrene. What was the thickness that you used? I'm contemplating a build and debating on doing it out of cardboard or plastic sheets.

Additionally did you just fiberglass the dome to provide a base for the bondo or did you glass more of the inside as well?

Awesome bucket.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back