Santa's Jango Build - Approved

Picked up the flightsuit from the tailor where she just did the hem and it came out the perfect length. I think I need to go back and get the legs taken in a bit but figured I throw up the comparison for any feedback. The first picture is how the legs fit and the second picture I pulled back the left leg to compare a more "fitted" leg.

Also please excuse the dirty mirror!

Flightsuit as is:
1653586399185.png

Left leg "fitted":
1653586459554.png

Small update, but got the jetpack decals from DeluckDesigns and gave the jetpack a good coat of clear coat. Seeker let me know the materials are in for the harness and it should be ready a week or two post celebration. Took to the flightsuit back to the tailors to get the legs taken in which unfortunately is going to take till June 22nd to complete.

Also went ahead and ordered metal darts and grappling dart for the right gauntlet as the ones I have snap off too easy for my liking. With the new
dates for things like the harness and flightsuit I am expecting to have some pictures fully suited up around July 4th. Getting closer!

1653686384128.png

Since I haven't posted in a bit thought I may as well share a pic of the altered flight suit. Really happy how it came out! I have fairly large legs so happy that I could still get a "fitted" look without it looking too skinny on my legs. Gotta wait for some extra hands to line up the leg armor and the knees, but moving along nicely.

Still waiting on the harness, hoses, and center armor replacement, but getting really really close to a full suit up! May throw on the belts later once my wife goes home as I am sure all Jangos know how that girth belt fits, TIGHT!

1655909365567.png

I got some work done over the weekend and did my first semi-suit up with top half of the suit. I laid down some velcro in the areas marked off for the thighs and shins and it ended up working out perfect, but didn't get a picture as it was 95 degrees down here in FL so one suit up was enough for me. Going to use snaps for the knees just to support the weight a bit better and run the elastic through the seams of the flight suit. The holsters are good to go as well, just wanted to do finalize the straps with the thighs on before adding those pieces to the belt/cod setup. I do need to secure the ammo belt to the girth belt so it sits right in the center, you can see in the pictures it slides down to the bottom on the belt. Really just waiting for the hoses, the replacement center armor piece, and the harness which should all be here in the next week!

Some of my own critiques that i will probably have to live with, I do wish I had positioned the chest armor a bit better, the camera angle makes it seem like they are right up against the collar for some reason and with me being a bigger built 6'2", the ab piece does have a bigger gap to the girth belt than I would have hoped for. Also looks like I need to situated the vest a bit better when putting it one so the shoulders fall better and don't look so much like wings, but that may also just happen over time and the leather gets some usage. Overall though, everything feels really good and I am starting to get excited for the home stretch!
1656348190073.png
1656348197189.png

Got the all elusive bracket and finished up the cod/holster assembly today. I am going to hold off attaching them to the thighs for now as I think just based on my size they will stay in place just fine. Wil adjust the front straps here and there next time I suit up.

Are crocs 501st approvable?
default_biggrin.png

1656366567613.png

1656366575472.png

Okay now we are getting real close! I am super happy with this suit up. Vest is sitting a lot better and I managed to position the gap from the girth belt to belly plate much better than the previous suit up. I can't lie I was feeling really cool taking these photos. I also realized looking back through my thread I have really showed my face so thought I would throw in the last pic that my wife took of me struggling to see where the blaster was haha! Got the knees lined up during this so just need to attach the snaps to the flight suit. Counting down the days to take approval pictures now!

image.thumb.png.edcda945f38febc3697856f9a7e91b3f.png

image.thumb.png.aa3d3db07c71c678bea2d8c723392540.png

image.thumb.png.df9c9ca6939ab2264116c85103b240a9.png

image.thumb.png.46b440539e7f31baff345a098cf28d5b.png

Attached the knees, the center armor pieces, and the hoses! All I am waiting on now is the jetpack harness and I will be off for approval pictures!

Right off the bat I see some fitment issues I will need to keep in mind while suiting up. Mainly, the torso looks to be rotated making the armor seem misaligned and the girth belt and ammo belt needs to be tightened up a bit in the back. I attached the ammo belt to the girth belt but may need to slightly adjust where they are connected to allow the boxes to be pushed closer together. Unfortunately the weathering doesn't come across too well in these pictures, but they are definitely dirty. One thing I am not sure if I can really change is my chin being somewhat visible from certain angles. Anyone else have this issue? Seems most people feel like the bucket looks like a bobble head where I am thinking it's not quite "deep" enough for my head. Let me know if you all see any thing that looks a bit off. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.b9cb8aee4c86a651a2892c0a9c2b5317.png

image.thumb.png.e11f5c9f6430f0c9fe2d02f09ad65f24.png

image.thumb.png.05a94dc16ec8fdca3bf874dde421651f.png

image.thumb.png.7b7a34926e20e0865315d0c5002ceea1.png

image.thumb.png.2cbfe3bb81bd7d0fc1342f7782902afc.png

Bonus picture of me freaking out my dog.

image.thumb.png.499f1717bd9a219dab94ce69c1645239.png

Rolled out probably a new go-to con outfit to have a little fun in without having to suit all the way up. Haven't quite figured out the exact name I want to go with, but thinking something like Daddy Jango or Dad-Bod Jango feels appropriate. Had some big laughs with a couple folks and definitely had some folks who absolutely did not understand the joke haha!

1659362551279.png

1659362573556.png

1659362590658.png

Attached the knees, the center armor pieces, and the hoses! All I am waiting on now is the jetpack harness and I will be off for approval pictures!

Right off the bat I see some fitment issues I will need to keep in mind while suiting up. Mainly, the torso looks to be rotated making the armor seem misaligned and the girth belt and ammo belt needs to be tightened up a bit in the back. I attached the ammo belt to the girth belt but may need to slightly adjust where they are connected to allow the boxes to be pushed closer together. Unfortunately the weathering doesn't come across too well in these pictures, but they are definitely dirty. One thing I am not sure if I can really change is my chin being somewhat visible from certain angles. Anyone else have this issue? Seems most people feel like the bucket looks like a bobble head where I am thinking it's not quite "deep" enough for my head. Let me know if you all see any thing that looks a bit off. Thanks!

Looking solid thus far, my only suggestion would be to consider/be prepared for them to say make the thigh plates portional. You could easily crank a pair out in a weekend with the templates available here out of Palight or Sintra

Looking solid thus far, my only suggestion would be to consider/be prepared for them to say make the thigh plates portional. You could easily crank a pair out in a weekend with the templates available here out of Palight or Sintra

Yah that’s definitely fair. I might be in the running for biggest Jango legs on the forum haha! My harness is scheduled for arrival today so should be taking full approval pics later this afternoon and getting GML feedback shortly after. Luckily our local GML is a long time buddy and he’s eagerly awaiting the application to come across so hopefully won’t have to wait long!

Yah that’s definitely fair. I might be in the running for biggest Jango legs on the forum haha! My harness is scheduled for arrival today so should be taking full approval pics later this afternoon and getting GML feedback shortly after. Luckily our local GML is a long time buddy and he’s eagerly awaiting the application to come across so hopefully won’t have to wait long!

Ya it very much depends on the GML for sure, best of luck and hope to see you approved! We need more Jango on the hunt

Was pulling some stuff out of my box and realized sometime at the con one of my buttons on the left gauntlet got pushed into the flamethrower. It's permanently attached to the gauntlet so no real way of fishing it out. Anyone know where people source those buttons? I will forever has a bit of a rattle going on in my gauntlet :lol:

Today is the day! Sent over my approval pictures and will be eagerly awaiting feedback. Let me know if you all see anything that doesn't looks quite right as well. I did let the GML know I am missing a button on the one gauntlet and will send over a picture as soon as it is replaced. The other thing was I could not find my balaclava so my beard is pretty noticeable in the side pictures. Never plan to troop without one! I know approval can be very very detailed so I am expecting the team will want to see the gauntlet fixed prior to approval, but overall I am thrilled how the costume came out and can't wait to start wearing it to some events! Thanks to everyone who gave advice along the way!

Jango Fett Approval Front.png

Jango Fett Approval Left.png

Jango Fett Approval Right.png

Jango Fett Approval Back.png

Jango Fett Approval Action.png

Jango Fett Approval Helmet Off.png

Got some feedback from my local GML and he asked me to go ahead and try to get some fading into the flightsuit to more closely match the more faded purple from the original references shots. Can't say I disagree, while the suit does show a bit differently depending on lightning, I do think it comes off a bit strong overall. So will do some experimenting with super watered down chemicals on sections under the vest until I am happier with the color.

Definitely feel free to share any fading techniques that have worked for others in the past! This is an Arkady suit so would love to hear what works well on the fabric she uses.

Well a pretty major set back just happened. Been taking it easy with trying to "fade" my flight and suit and after about a week of trying various safe methods I really hadn't gotten any results. Decided to step it up to a VERY watered down bleach and well....

1660134688606.png

1660134670434.png

I plan on trying to re-dye the suit. Fortunately, it is just the right sleeve that would be visible while wearing the costume so that's my positive coming out of this. Absolute worst case scenario would be ordering a new flight suit which would probably mean a significant amount of time to wait. Will report back over the weekend! Hoping for the best!

I had the same thing happen with some Tusken Raider robes I was dyeing. Adding more dye won't hide the bleach stain. What worked for me was using RIT dye remover and taking all of the color out of the fabric and then re dyeing it. Don't cheap out on the dye remover and use more than you need to otherwise you will just have to repeat the process.

That should probably take care of most of it but remember that bleach damages the fabric fibers so you will probably always be able to find the area that was affected. You can always go in afterwards with an airbrush and some acrylic paint and add a little dirt and weathering.

That is certainly the plan of attack! Found a good color mix that has worked for others in the past. Hoping since the bleach damage is relatively minimal l and for the most part in areas that will be covered it will more or less be hidden after it is all said and done.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back