For Sale SALE Thread: Man of War FINAL boot run: LIVE!

Discussion in 'Cargo Hold' started by bcurtis, Oct 24, 2017.

?

Would you purchase a set of MOW boots if he does one last run?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2017.
  1. Yes

96.3%
  2. No (not interested)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No (too expensive)

3.7%
  1. RistetToast

RistetToast New Member

How do I place the order? Would love a pair in size 10, in case my current ones wear out.

2. HansVader

HansVader New Member

Instructions and ordering info is on page 3 at the bottom

3. HansVader

HansVader New Member

PP sent for size 12 PP ID 3SC8615531964863L

4. Jesuit24

Jesuit24 Jr Member

I'm so tempted but at an extra $100 and no smaller sizes, I'll probably not risk it. I'm a size 7-8 UK, and the smallest size, 9.5 would equate to an 8.5 UK going by the fact they run a half size smaller. I really hope someone takes up the gauntlet for boots (and offers smaller sizes); it seems to be the only part of the costume without options. After this run, every new Fett is going to be wearing sneakers.

Ghost_Fett and ThatRndmBounty like this.
  5. Andi85

Andi85 New Member

I would take 2 pairs of boots in US size 12.5

6. Artakha

Artakha (Formerly le1120)

I'll snag an 11; PP incoming

7. bcurtis

bcurtis Active Member

He's selling them now. His paypal info is on page 4 of this thread.

8. kev011

kev011 New Member

OMG I’m was sooo excited to see this post. I keep stalking the MOW Ebay page hoping to see the boots pop up, then I see a post a couple of days ago on instagram of a run taking place here!

I dig around to finally find the ordering info to find out my size 13 is sold out. I’m so bummed out right now is there anyway you could slide in one more pair??

9. RetiredClone

RetiredClone New Member

Does anyone know if this run is just for ESB/ROTJ boots, or does it include the all-white SuperTrooper ones too?

10. bcurtis

bcurtis Active Member

I'm pretty sure this is for the standard grey ones. You can contact Christian directly to find out.

11. Darth Voorhees

Darth Voorhees Well-Known Member

Im gonna guess that the run is smaller. Usually you get a better price the more you order, so im thinking that may be cause for the increase. Or there is always the possibility that the manufacturer raised their price.

On another note...
    A buddy of mine is getting a new pair and giving me his old ones, which were originally mine, lol, so im out... dont have the cash for a second pair.

Ghost_Fett likes this.
  12. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

Smaller? REALLY? Theres damn near 100 pairs of boots here....

13. Darth Voorhees

..yea...and im sure there was way more than that on his previous runs that he had stock of for usually around a year every run.

14. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

He had the price before even talking about qty...so even at 1000 pairs it was going to be 250

15. deathxcircle

deathxcircle New Member

I was honestly hesitant on committing to a purchase at first because the question on the price increase went unanswered by Christian. However, I pulled the trigger because I want MoW boots for my build, and after months of being a lurker and doing my research for shopping, and seeing how rarely used MoW boots have gotten put up for sale, I didn't want to be stuck looking for a discontinued item to complete my build.

Ghost_Fett and Darth Voorhees like this.
  16. intwenothor

intwenothor Active Member

Maybe he simply wants to make more money. Nothing wrong with that if he's putting the time, effort, and up front investment into doing the run.

17. Darth Voorhees

I dunno Dom, maybe he came up with that number because he didnt think he'd get a "big" order, and if he did, well he'd make a bit more...especially knowing people were rallying for one more run...who knows, im just throwing out thoughts. Whatever the reason, it is what it is.

Yea deathxcircle, MOWs really are the best thus far. If he was to only make one thing i would hope it was the boots , not because his other stuff isnt any good or anything, because it is very nice stuff, but because most everything else he makes is made by other folks as well...but the boots.... that one nobody has like MOW does!

deathxcircle and Ghost_Fett like this.
  18. Ghost_Fett

Ghost_Fett Jr Member

I don’t even have an approved kit yet and ordered a second pair of boots. I plan on being Fett for years and years to come.. so I don’t want to have to search for boots later. Who knows what the boot economy will look like then.

19. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

There has been a boot shortage for some time. I think the money is what the market will bear. I bought another pair even though my first pair was significantly cheaper.

20. Darth Voorhees

yea you can kind of average them out..If the previous pair was $150, and these are $250 thats $400 total so its like you paid $200 for each pair..not really too bad! lol

BayBounty, clmayfield and Ghost_Fett like this.
  21. deathxcircle

deathxcircle New Member

It hurts more if you live above the border. That $250 for one pair became nearly $400 for me. Fett ain't cheap is right. lol

intwenothor likes this.
  22. Beren89

Beren89 New Member

i agree!!
    he could change the price once he had seen this huge interest!!!
    I know the market always change. It changes when a lot of people can pay a lot of money without thinking about the real value. I know fett isn't cheap,but we're talking about a pair of "canvas" boots!

Fett 4 Real likes this.
  23. Darth Voorhees

Ouch yea..that makes a difference for sure!

Well to be fair..when he was selling them for $150 i was shocked how cheap they were. When you look back at the top boot makers before MOW, $250 was pretty much the average price...Jango Wes and Chen boots come to mind. So really $250 is..or at least was...normal... $150 was a ridiculously good price. Yes they are canvas boots but do you realize how much goes into making something like this?..things like the elastic and piping all add to the cost to make them. So they really arent just canvas boots. He may be using a different manufacturer, or his usual manufacturer may have upped their price to Christian...i mean we really have no idea what happened...its all speculation... thing is, these are the best Fett boots to date...if you dont want to pay the price, dont get them. Hopefully another maker will pop up, but i doubt they will be much cheaper, if at all. Then we also have to hope they can nail it the way Christian did. Just because of that alone i think its worth the extra cost. If i had the cash id be buying a pair.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017 at 5:54 AM
    Ghost_Fett likes this.
  24. TehEl1te

TehEl1te Active Member

Such terrible timing haha. If this was 6 months later I would be getting 1 maybe 2 pairs... I just can't with my wedding around the corner. I wear a 13... so I would have to order a 13.5 based on what I've heard which I don't know if he makes that or not. It makes me sad to see this be his last run. I truly hope he doesn't toss in the towel on these.

25. kev011

kev011 New Member

Great news on my end, I contacted Christian and he was able to squeeze in another size 13 for me. Just got his confirmation email.

HansVader likes this.