Sabine Wren season 3 WIP

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes' started by seralu, Feb 1, 2017.

1. seralu

seralu New Member

Hello everyone!

New to group but excited to share what I am building!

I am building Sabine Wren season 3 armor. I've had the armor pieces for a while now and but only recently was able to start on it. Of course she has been through three different paint designs already. I know I could choose from each season but I decided to do the newest season because the series showed more of her backstory this season. First time I started watching Rebels, I was drawn to her in an instant.

Now, I'm not all that great with props and painting them but I do have a friend that is amazing at it and is helping me paint the hard parts. I'll be working on the soft parts as I am better a sewing. He does amazing work. Please do check him out: https://www.facebook.com/lanecreativestudios/. I don't think I would be able to finish this build without him. I can't wait to see the finished armor pieces. Look below at what he has done so far for my helmet!

Below are parts that I have for her so far. I'm in the process of getting her shin guards for season 3. Soft parts, her shirt and pants, are in the beginning stages. I know I need to switch out the gloves to be wrist fingerless gloves. I'm either going to buy a new set of gloves or mod the ones in the picture. I am currently modding one of my boots right now and was out of reach when I took the pictures. I swearI have both! I still have to figure the belt situation. My hubs will be helping me mod the Rubie's Pre Vizsla blasters. Hoping that I might be able to mod it myself but if I mess up hoping he'll help me fix it. :p

I will be posting progress photos on this thread so please let me know how I am doing. I am still really new to getting approval to costumes so any comment and help is appreciated. :)

sabine%20gear_zpswkqrynnx.jpg

20170130_193953_zps4e2dxepo.jpg

16145219_10154422868523985_131138904_o_zps9c32pfmw.jpg

16121652_10154422868483985_403442548_o_zpsxq8hblkm.jpg

16129846_10154422868488985_849126996_o_zpsbiz13g9y.jpg

16129604_10154422868513985_1934574498_o_zpstoxwzeqp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2017
    hvacdon, Artakha and emme3 like this.
  2. Artakha

Artakha (Formerly le1120)

Ooh cool build! Excited to see how this progresses (y)

3. Mullreel

Mullreel Well-Known Member

Look forward to seeing the progress. Not enough good Sabine Wrens out there

4. LostDreams

LostDreams Jr Member

Looks like a great start! Great luck to you and your build; looking forward to updates!

5. Fandango Fett

Fandango Fett Doesn’t share his ribs.

Can't wait to see this!

Sent from my iPhone

6. seralu

seralu New Member

Thanks guys! I'm excited to share! I'm still new to forums (even though forums have been around since forever :unsure ) so bear with me. :)

stefwill likes this.
  7. richmbailey

richmbailey New Member

Amazing detail. Thumbs up sir.

8. swagger

swagger New Member

Anxious to see the finished build

9. MandaloreBleah

MandaloreBleah New Member

Looking good!

10. PD14

PD14 Jr Member

That is sweet! I'm doing Jango and just got started on it. I thought to do Sabine for my Sis.

11. hvacdon

hvacdon Member

Great Start so far, Looking forward to your progress pics !!