Other Bounty Hunter Sabine Wren helmet build from Mandalorian beginnings

tommyboy

Hunter
well I thought my first wip would be my boba fett.....but as it turns out it will be Sabine Wren !! A friend of mine asked me about doing a sabine helmet for his daughter and since i have 2 my self i said why not. So it looks like i will be modding one of my mando helmets for a sabine bucket.since i have to make more than one i am going to cast from this one. So i figured i would do a wip for anyone else looking to do the same with a mando/boba fett helmet.

!. first i shaved down the lower left ear part until smooth with the helmet.
2. i sanded down the brow along the entire front of the helmet.
3. next i will reduce the right ear down to about a 1/3 tomorrow ! IMG_1621.jpgIMG_1622.jpgIMG_1623.jpg

Ok well i had to lower/reduce the left ear to be even with the right side. I used the brow line that you can barely see as a reference line. I also reduced the right ear to about a
1/3 from what was there. The knight owl design for the cheeks is not quite accurate from most of the screen shots ive seen. IMG_1627.JPGIMG_1628.JPGIMG_1629.jpg1974361_912218732123289_419006643506141746_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
star-wars--sabine-wren.pngsabine back shot.png I just filled in the back recess to match the screen shot. When it dries I will clean it up. FYI I used (apoxie Sculpt) great great stuff for molding in contour and shapes.IMG_1630.jpg

The big thing you'll see is that the cheeks aren't sharply defined like on many of the other helmets, including the Nite Owl. Interesting to see what you come up with!

yep....it would be easier to go with the owl style helmet but i really want to get this close to cannon ! all the screen shots have weird shadows of just not enough detail to give proper contour/angle
The big thing you'll see is that the cheeks aren't sharply defined like on many of the other helmets, including the Nite Owl. Interesting to see what you come up with!

IMG_1631.jpgIMG_1632.jpgIMG_1633.JPGIMG_1634.JPGwell i want lie ,it was worrying me that i might not be able to get that high/ridge line down. But after several sheets of sandpaper on my palm sander it looks like i should be able to get the contour that i need to transition to the T visor. helmet has worn thin so i will build up this area for further landscaping.

sabine side view.pngIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1637.JPGIMG_1638.JPGthere is a weird/odd angle on this cheek transition.....If anyone has any thoughts or references they want to share i would really like to see/hear them !!!

IMG_1641.JPGIMG_1642.JPGIMG_1643.JPGIMG_1644.JPGwell the cheeks are finally where i think they should be in reference to all the screen shots i have looked at. I will sand and add some paint,this will give better contrast to see how it truly looks showing any flaws !

IMG_1646.JPGIMG_1648.jpgIMG_1649.jpgIMG_1650.jpgIMG_1651.jpg started to rough in the visor area. well i finally got the arch right for the eye opening(top part). I narrowed the bottom of the visor opening to blend in / transition back to the cheek area.Instead of milling out the entire center part of the visor area i just scored/routed out an out line. I have had several request for a girl mando variation helmet. so by just doing an out line it will be easier for me to fill this in to create a mando.I also went back and cleaned up the back some...still needs some detail work to be complete.

Last edited by a moderator:
hours n hours of sanding !! other than that not all that hard really! this helmet base was left over from my previous mold of boba fett and was a little smaller than the boba i offer now

Ooooooo you offer some helmet's eh? :) hah Sorry, finally able to be active in the forum after a year hiatus due to personal health issue, so I've been out of the loop since last May :/

yes i make and sell boba fett-mandalorian variations and a few other style helmets. the blood bank said i was not able to give any more blood....soo i started making helmets to generate some funds to pay for Boba Fett suit lmao !!
Ooooooo you offer some helmet's eh? :) hah Sorry, finally able to be active in the forum after a year hiatus due to personal health issue, so I've been out of the loop since last May :/

hope all is well with you....glad to see you are back in the forum !! I have been working on my boba for about a year now and he is starting to come together nicely.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back