Running hoses into sleeves

01Hawk

Active Hunter
Looking at different ways people get them to stay in there. My Arkady suit has clips in them which work out well. I want to wear my MOW suit this week and will need to keep the hoses up in there. The obvious option would be to replicate what is in the Arkady suit but I always like to see what others are doing.

On my mow suit i just drill a tiny hole in the top of the hose(probably dont even need to) and then use a heavy duty safety pin to hold it up under the sleeve

You don't have the cables running through your hoses to goto the jetpack?

Until I figure out which suit I am using full time I fake it. I have all the hoses running to the bottom of the pack but actually have them connected to the bottom of the harness frame.

I want to have them all run back eventually but for now it makes it easier getting dressed and puts less pressure on the gauntlet connections. I use ID badge retractors on the hose ends in the sleeves so allows for minimal pressure on the hoses.

I move around a lot and get into goofy stuff at cons so mobility and not breaking stuff is key lol

Until I figure out which suit I am using full time I fake it. I have all the hoses running to the bottom of the pack but actually have them connected to the bottom of the harness frame.

I want to have them all run back eventually but for now it makes it easier getting dressed and puts less pressure on the gauntlet connections. I use ID badge retractors on the hose ends in the sleeves so allows for minimal pressure on the hoses.

I move around a lot and get into goofy stuff at cons so mobility and not breaking stuff is key lol

LMAO I am aware of your hooning.... ;)

Anybody else before it just shove a tie wrap or safety pin in there? Need to wear this thing for like 11 hours on Saturday and maybe Friday before getting in my Porg

I saw a method on here a while ago that involved stitching a loop of thin elastic and cutting a gash in the host at a 45 degree handle. Works very well once secured, but can be a hassle trying to fish out the elusive elastic.

I would suggest replicating what is in the Arkady suit. It works great. One slight alternative might be to sew just a loop of elastic under the sleeve. You can the run a small bolt through all of three hoses, with a nut securing them together and then running the center hose through the elastic loop. Hope that makes sense.

57DCC763-C912-4203-82E9-0B506CA6574B.jpeg

any pics of how the arkady suit was done? I would love to see. Min comes in soon.
I posted it above. I have a ID badge retractor thing on mine which eliminates any tension from the hose being connected Incase it gets caught on something or I am wildly flapping my arms

this one looks really simple and effective, wondering if having a little play like the other helps the hoses?

It might. I haven’t had any problems yet. There’s nothing wrong with tennantlim’s setup. The extra play probably puts less stress on the attachment points on the gauntlet. Just thought I would share.

It might. I haven’t had any problems yet. There’s nothing wrong with tennantlim’s setup. The extra play probably puts less stress on the attachment points on the gauntlet. Just thought I would share.
Great share TY! I have yet too set mine up this is great reference info.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back