ROTJ Special Edition Promo

Gauntlet update masked the majority of the silver damage. Sprayed Testors flat black enamel to give the red depth. Airbrushed MM Box Car Red. Next I will weather with some black and topically add all the missing silver damage and go over the layered silver damage to match the SE Promotional pics. And Assembly all parts. Paint the flame nozzles and hose connectors.

5F8BE7E0-9591-45A8-8550-8280124BBE7D.jpeg

38286ACA-557C-409A-9255-0185FECA9C23.jpeg

008F3DB7-9C31-4770-8D29-3F2DD9D1C4A6.jpeg

Finished weathering the right gauntlet. Comparison next to the unweathered left gauntlet. I find it super close to the SE reference pics. Also made a support for the darts and hot glue them in.

9C2AD160-C447-49FD-8A65-4C004CD234D5.jpeg

4DEDEEF1-707B-493A-98C9-A642E7D450DF.jpeg

3C02BD56-DA5F-4C0B-A2F6-A3A58731B2F6.jpeg

Those are still very brown. I'd suggest a repaint before you get too far with them.
I have finished the right one. Could still be the lighting but when I hold reference pics to it it looks close. Still haven't weathered the left gauntlet. But anyway I ordered some Rock Island Maroon paint.

Greg, I do agree with the others. I feel the pictures make them look darker then what they really were. The best thing to do would take a picture in sunlight

Here’s mine and they are pretty red

View attachment 169167
I agree as well. I used MM Box Car Red. I will be redoing the red with the new paint I ordered Rock Island Maroon it is definitely has more red. By the way your SE Fett looks awesome.

I agree as well. I used MM Box Car Red. I will be redoing the red with the new paint I ordered Rock Island Maroon it is definitely has more red. By the way your SE Fett looks awesome.

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it. It’s a constant work in progress, new braids coming and my new spats and pouches from clothears will be here any day now.

Also in my comment, I meant the gauntlets in the promo shoot seems a bit off color due to the lighting, but I could be wrong.

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it. It’s a constant work in progress, new braids coming and my new spats and pouches from clothears will be here any day now.

Also in my comment, I meant the gauntlets in the promo shoot seems a bit off color due to the lighting, but I could be wrong.
Cool I am going to shoot a pic out in the daylight before I go down the path of repaint. But got some coming anyway. I should be up on the list now with woodman for my braids and cape. Been a 1 1/2 month wait in line but I’m not in a super rush.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back