Cape ROTJ SE Cape

VutycFett

Hunter
Hey everyone just wanted to start this WIP for a cape I picked up off eBay. It’s a us army half shelter with the correct seem lines.
F5F2FA1D-283D-45C6-ADC2-4C12DAF517EE.jpegF4FF7C78-B920-41FF-9359-CB883DC59845.jpegA8E57955-ED5E-4A99-B0C2-65CBFBC6971A.jpeg

Also for anyone else doing the cape I found this pdf from a old post on here I’m pretty sure it’s accurate unless some more experienced users can way in. https://www.thedentedhelmet.com/forums/attachments/return-of-the-jedi-cape-tutorial-pdf.31796/

I was able to cut it up finally and ran into some problems and then was able to correct it.
F2F9464B-7BAC-4747-994A-21AD4597B4CB.jpeg6E3B8814-92C6-4250-9411-9016068B50D5.jpegCD6E1A7F-D859-46D6-96AF-4F17944EEF47.jpeg
so I realized it was to wide in the center making it look like a square so I cut it and had to remove 5 inches.
A1C950B8-93CE-4F56-B173-A002E6BA101B.jpeg
I just have to weather it.

Last edited:
Finished weathering the cape!
97210726-8B10-4A3D-BA50-F050615E5DBC.jpegB49969ED-E11D-4901-AB13-BF7FCF1A7FD3.jpeg
Just need to add the grommet and also if anyone knows where exactly adding the hand written Boba Fett on the cape.

Last edited:
Finished weathering the cape!
View attachment 194756View attachment 194757
just need to add the gourmet and also if anyone knows where exactly adding the hand written Boba Fett on the cape.

VutycFett - Gourmet? :unsure: I don't think anyone on here actually seasons their cape. My throw a little "Johnny's" on it. :lol: It should be gourmet then. hahha!
Johnny's.jpg

Just being a smart alec! ;) We love our spellcheck!

My understanding is that there are three grommets that need to be installed. Those three locations are located....
501st Cape.jpg

#1 and #2 Grommets are meant to be hooked up to that small little plastic piece (For Level II Cert only for the 501st) and the #3 Grommet is meant to be sandwiched between your Collar Stud and the Collar Armor.

I didn't use grommets though for mine, I used a "Finishing Washer", which when installed looks very similar to a grommet. This is essentially what I used....
Cape Parts.jpg

Tossed on some green directly to the brass pieces and then followed it up by drybrushing on some scuffs of silver chrome and then hitting it with some Matte Clear Enamel. I have yet to install my #3 Grommet, as I was waiting for the rest of my armor to see where about's I want to put it. Someone on here can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is EXACT measurements as to where the Grommets get installed.

In case you were interested here is what I did for that little plastic piece...
Second Attempt.jpg

I just used a piece of plexiglass and shaped it to what I've seen based on the pics on TDH. I know it'll probably never be seen, but it's what I did.

-Iron

Last edited:
VutycFett - Gourmet? :unsure: I don't think anyone on here actually seasons their cape. My throw a little "Johnny's" on it. :lol: It should be gourmet then. hahha!
View attachment 194782
Just being a smart alec! ;) We love our spellcheck!

My understanding is that there are three grommets that need to be installed. Those three locations are located....
View attachment 194780
#1 and #2 Grommets are meant to be hooked up to that small little plastic piece (For Level II Cert only for the 501st) and the #3 Grommet is meant to be sandwiched between your Collar Stud and the Collar Armor.

I didn't use grommets though for mine, I used a "Finishing Washer", which when installed looks very similar to a grommet. This is essentially what I used....
View attachment 194779
Tossed on some green directly to the brass pieces and then followed it up by drybrushing on some scuffs of silver chrome and then hitting it with some Matte Clear Enamel. I have yet to install my #3 Grommet, as I was waiting for the rest of my armor to see where about's I want to put it. Someone on here can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is EXACT measurements as to where the Grommets get installed.

In case you were interested here is what I did for that little plastic piece...
View attachment 194781
I just used a piece of plexiglass and shaped it to what I've seen based on the pics on TDH. I know it'll probably never be seen, but it's what I did.

-Iron
Ha thanks I fixed that spelling issue. I do like my seasoning but did mean something different. Also should have specified that I was doing a Special Edition cape. While very similar to the ROTJ Hero there is no where in the CRL that it has the plastic piece.

Ha thanks I fixed that spelling issue. I do like my seasoning but did mean something different. Also should have specified that I was doing a Special Edition cape. While very similar to the ROTJ Hero there is no where in the CRL that it has the plastic piece.
tennantlim has some good measurements for the plastic piece here.
Post #153

VutycFett - Ah! Makes sense. My mistake for simply assuming.

-Iron

tennantlim has some good measurements for the plastic piece here.
Post #153

I'm amazed you remember! Even I forgot I posted the measurements.

VutycFett That plastic plate is unique to ROTJ Hero, so you don't actually need it for the SE.

Irongladiator To be clear, I didn't use a grommet ring for #3.

6460347B-42B1-425A-B6E9-EB0B7D3A3F4C.png
Was reading the CRL and noticed the last bullet point says to write “Boba Fett” on the cape. I never seen any references with that so have no idea of how it should look. Does anyone by chance know?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back