ROTJ Killstripes Question

Rebabaluba

New Hunter
Not sure if this has been discussed, I tried using the search function but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I was wondering what the dimensions are for the killstripes on an ROTJ helmet? Height, width, space between stripes, how high they are placed above the red rim.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Doesn't work quite that way....since each helmet is slightly different in size you have to scale the paint/damage to the helmet. If you were to use stencils for a GMH helmet on a FPH for example it would be silly looking as the GMH is very small in comparison to the old original FPH....So my advice is to take the time to workout all the stencils and what not based on the dimensions of your helmet.

It could be that easy. Simply state what helmet you are using and someone here can tell you how large their kill stripes are. Without knowing your bucket maker there is little we can do.

No really...its not that simple...if the damage isn't laid out exactly to the same scale the stripes are, they are going to be off as each one is in a specific spot in relation to the damage...even if you know what helmet he's using your going to have issues with spacing. If you go into Super Jedis thread about kill stripes you can see how to figure out all of this. The ROTJ stripes and even the ESB ones for that matter aren't just stripes they have wear and tear just like the rest of the paint.

And here is how to do it.... hope this helps
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/template-sizing-tutorial-51735/
http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f32/boba-fett-esb-killstripe-tutorial-49888/

Thanks for the replies everyone. I understand that it all matters depending on the helmet. I have an FPH. I was just wondering if there was a general agreement regarding some of the dimensions. I'll look into it some more and figure out the sizes for myself.

Yes, it's best to take a known feature of whatever helmet you have--for example the height of the red band, or the width of the ear platform--and scale
your measurements from that. Another tip is to try and find the most oblique reference photo you have. Meaning, one that's taken straight on. If the
photo you're using is taken at an angle, then you'll wind up with some distortion in your measurements.

(That Superjedi is a hack! I wouldn't trust anything he says. I hear he eats puppies for breakfast!)
:lol:

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back