Flight Suit ROTJ Flight suit + other information

Jtlav54

New Hunter
Hey everyone! I am thinking about making a ROTJ Boba fett cosplay, i have been pushing this back for a while now because of money issues. I am wondering if theres is anywhere i can get the flight suit for under $100. Any other information is welcome also!

Sent from my iPhone

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
You can probably make it yourself for under $100 but you won't find a made to order for under that price.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
The easiest way is to buy two 100% cotton coveralls and use one for the base and the second for pockets and double sleeve.

Jtlav54

New Hunter
Do you mind sending me a link of the right coveralls to use and where to buy them??

Sent from my iPhone

ShortFuse

Hunter
If you are able to make your own, this is what I used:
K3389_a.jpg
It will need to be modified of course, but it is a good base.
I bought a medium cotton twill in white and then dyed it to the correct color.

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
There is not a "right" brand or where to buy them. You just need to get 100% cotton so that you can dye them. I would probably try to buy a very light khaki or white color and then add the blue hues in the dying process. Google dickies or red kap and you will get tons of pages to search through.

Jtlav54

New Hunter
Thank you! I am in the planning stage now, will be starting within the next couple weeks!

Sent from my iPhone

Mullreel

Well-Known Hunter
Pretty much all of the flight suits no matter which version you do have very subtle colors to them.

Jtlav54

New Hunter
If i buy a pair of white cotton coveralls what color would i dye them specifically for ROTJ

Sent from my iPhone

ShortFuse

Hunter
I used Rit pearl grey as a base. There are several other steps involved to get the look right. There is a tutorial on here somewhere with all the steps I followed. I'll try to see if I can find it.