Rotj Critique

defintely need to weather the knee straps.
Let me see if i can find the link to artahka’s thread where he built/painted my stuff, he has close up pics of it all... brb

-edit-
Here’s the link to his build thread:
Armor, Jetpack, Gauntlets, oh my! for GeekdadX7

it has close up pics of all the hard pieces
Paint job looks sweet. So this looks like the ROTJ version with pilot holes. I think if memory serves this is in hero stunt version. The pictures do clearly show that the tower greeblie is missing. This one is a mandatory for basic approval.
You could fashion one out of a small plastic tube like a technic pin with holes filled. Paint it silver and glue on in appropriate spot.

I had the same issue with mine as they were also missing this piece. Happy to share my experiences with what I tried that did and didn’t work for making this piece of this helps you any.

Hey GeekdadX7 I just had a similar situation with my back armor (regarding the dent). Got everything painted up, damage and all. Weathered the whole thing before I realized one of the dents on the back plate is in the wrong spot, and didn’t correlate to the painted damage. Essentially I had a physical dent in a green area, while the damage was painted on a nice, clean, smooth, dent free area .

I did what was suggested above, I heated the backside of the armor slowly, and carefully pushed the frontside in to create the dent! No issues with the paint at all! I used the handle of one of my screwdrivers cause they have a “ball shape” on the end. I also heated the backside and pushed from the back to remove the dent that was in the wrong location too! Go SLOW, and try to heat it up little by little until you get a feel for how much heat it takes to get the armor to the point where you can manipulate it. Shouldn’t be an issue if your patient!

Also, how big is your girth belt currently (buckle to buckle) - I'm on the market for one because mine is too small as well...

Also, how big is your girth belt currently (buckle to buckle) - I'm on the market for one because mine is too small as well...

I'll go measure. as soon as my wife goes to visit her parents today.... if she sees me pull out my fett stuff.... she'll shoot plasma glares at me lol

I think a lot of people’s girth belts were too short once they put out the latest CRL. I am also one of those. Used to be 5-6 inches when attached, if I remember correctly. Now it’s 3-4 inches.:rolleyes:

I think a lot of people’s girth belts were too short once they put out the latest CRL. I am also one of those. Used to be 5-6 inches when attached, if I remember correctly. Now it’s 3-4 inches.:rolleyes:
I wonder if woodman woke up, after they updated the CRL's, and was thinking "umm... why am I getting so many orders for girth belts all of a sudden?" lololol :) :)

He woke up to everyone “giving him the business”, literally...

Don’t risk life and limb getting the dimension of the girth, BUT if it’s 36 buckle to buckle, then I’d be happy to buy it off of you! Been sourcing everything to make my own; which would be maybe $40, but it’s just one more thing for me to do...ya know!?!

Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back