Redesigned Scout Trooper helmet Suggestions?

DekorElysium

New Hunter
attachment.php

Hi guys, so I made this helmet awhile back for a sculpting class and Ive always wanted to make it into a wearable helmet but im not sure where to start
Its made from automotive modelling clay with a foam base underneath, and the visor is constructed out of MDF. (the clay is about 1/2 inch thick all around)
Ive done a little research on what people have done but cant decide what process would be the best for this sculpt. I was thinking of making a silicone mold
but im not sure how that would work with the inset visor. I'm also wondering if molding it would crush the clay or not?
If there are any other ways u guys think i could do this or any suggestions on how to go about molding it please let me know.

(also the helmet is a redesign / variant of the scout trooper helmet if that wasn't apparent)

-Thanks

final layout helmet - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• final layout helmet.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 719
As long as the clay has set, you should be fine without worrying about it crushing. You may have some scuffing or damage to the paint job though when it comes out.

Awesome helmet btw. I love the weathering.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back