Recommended Helmet Builders

johnnyhungus

New Hunter
Hi to everyone here, I am a bit of a Fett newbie and am trying to obtain an ESB helmet from one of the talented craftsmen available.

Looking for recommendations where I can contact the craftsmen via their Facebook page.

I know prices are going to vary some, but there may be some not-so-obvious choices out there.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
There are plenty of helmet makers on here that will make a much more accurate ESB helmet than most people on facebook. I'm not saying that anyone on facebook that isn't on this site will do bad work its just that the ones here are trusted and their work is proven. That being said most of the helmet makers here also have facebook pages but I don't know the exact page names. Just going into the cargo hold and sending makers PM's will work as well. Some of the people that make helmets here are Animefan, Darth Voorhees, Tommyboy, and ToEleven just to name a few.

Thanks fella, appreciate your input. I had a scour on Facebook for a couple of the names but my search didn't turn them up and I have tried PMing a couple but they must be pretty busy as I have had no reply.

Hey I have a helmet that I'm just about done working on and ready to be casted. Its been closely measured and as far as I'm able to tell pretty spot on. With most of these makers there is a fairly long wait time, but as I'm just beginning this the only wait time there is, is the completion of the project. Obviously I don't have a reputation such as many of the amazing folks that have been around for much longer than I have have, but I thought I'd give you this option as well. The actual helmet's WIP is all here (been at it for about a year, this second one): Le1120's Second Cardboard Helmet Scratch Build -- WIP
PM me for more info, and feel free to ask any questions.

Hey I have a helmet that I'm just about done working on and ready to be casted. Its been closely measured and as far as I'm able to tell pretty spot on. With most of these makers there is a fairly long wait time, but as I'm just beginning this the only wait time there is, is the completion of the project. Obviously I don't have a reputation such as many of the amazing folks that have been around for much longer than I have have, but I thought I'd give you this option as well. The actual helmet's WIP is all here (been at it for about a year, this second one): Le1120's Second Cardboard Helmet Scratch Build -- WIP

# le1120 I don't mene to hijack the thread but what build is your helmet better for ROTJ Or ESB ? And what will your kits go for?

# le1120 I don't mene to hijack the thread but what build is your helmet better for ROTJ Or ESB ? And what will your kits go for?

Right now my helmet is better for ROTJ (and all the other helmets that turned out 'normal', which I believe just excludes the ESB) as I have not included any of the warped features into it yet, but I fully intend to make the ESB variation as well as a full proper ROTJ with damage etc. as soon as I begin the moulding and casting process, which, with any luck, should be within a week or so. I'm currently planning on having them be $250 + shipping. I apologize for any accidental hijacking of this thread in advance.

Right now my helmet is better for ROTJ (and all the other helmets that turned out 'normal', which I believe just excludes the ESB) as I have not included any of the warped features into it yet, but I fully intend to make the ESB variation as well as a full proper ROTJ with damage etc. as soon as I begin the moulding and casting process, which, with any luck, should be within a week or so. I'm currently planning on having them be $250 + shipping. I apologize for any accidental hijacking of this thread in advance.

I apologize also but def useful info u shared :)

Very impressive, I will shoot you a message!

Understandably most people are stacked up with commissions and good luck to them, it must be great to earn a crust from something you love doing!

makes me wish I had the time to learn the craft myself...

In my opinion anything from the Master Replicas line are the best things out there right now; either an original or one of the recasts. Animefan, RS propmasters, and Darth Vorhees are all MR based recasts. There may be others.9

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion anything from the Master Replicas line are the best things out there right now; either an original or one of the recasts. Animefan, RS propmasters, and Darth Vorhees are all MR based recasts. There may be others.9

Thanks for this, I did get a photo of the RS Prop Masters ESB paint up and was sorely disappointed, it lacked a lot of detail sadly, otherwise I would have bought it.

Well, I have contacted the named suppliers/painters/builders here and am now hanging on for some replies :)

I can't comment on RS propmasters paint up. I was referring rather to the helmet kit in terms of overall shape and accuracy. The MR is still streets ahead of anything else out there at the moment.

Any service that's running on a production line type system will suffer in the details on a paintup and is unlikely to rival the best painters here whk are taking their time with love and attention; sometimes I wonder if the best painters feel pangs of regret when some of their best work goes out the door. Superjedi seems particularly prolific with consistency that is apparently made from fairy dust. I also like Major's work. He got skills.

Well now that Wasteland is offering the proto FPH2....I can say his work is top notch....as far as paint goes...Superjedi does do amazing work! I also do some paint work....and would venture to say its better then ever...I wouldnt say its the best out there...as on any day anyone can do better work then someone else but Id like to say its pretty good.

Well now that Wasteland is offering the proto FPH2....I can say his work is top notch....as far as paint goes...Superjedi does do amazing work! I also do some paint work....and would venture to say its better then ever...I wouldnt say its the best out there...as on any day anyone can do better work then someone else but Id like to say its pretty good.

'pretty good', ah... the modesty! LOL I have aspirations of your version of pretty good. I'm hoping for pretty OK right now!

'pretty good', ah... the modesty! LOL I have aspirations of your version of pretty good. I'm hoping for pretty OK right now!

Thanks man....Ive been doing paint/drawing since I can remember...its what I went to school for. And I enjoy it. Im not the best by any means... but I do consider my work to be pretty good.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back