Range finder and ear cep housing problem ?

Funkyred

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Hi guys

I have recently purchased a boba fett helmet that has a resin range finder stalk and resin viewer , after looking at it I have decided that I don't like it and I would like to replace the stalk and viewer to the aluminium version and upgraded viewer option. But was also wondering wether I could get a better housing for the stalk to fit in at the same time as the resin one supplied isn't all that quality wise . And I can't seem to work out how it attaches ?

is there someone or somewhere I can purchase the bits mentioned ?

Not an easy answer exactly unfortunately. It depends on the cast of your lid as to whether the attachment earcap will work and look right, though I suppose there's wiggle room to modify as necessary.
Animefan would be your best bet on the rangefinder topper (they're all resin I believe, never seen an aluminum topper) and earcap, and mojo_skywalker on ebay sells a nice aluminum stalk.
Some folks drill holes thru the ear platform, attach it with inset nuts in the ear piece with bolts going from the inside. Some drill partial holes in the cap and in the ear platform and use rare earth magnets. I like the idea of bolts better, just like the mechanical aspect of the fastener, but folks have done it either way.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back