Plans for my harness system


Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Hi guys, just thought i'd run past my harness system idea.

See attached pic - I will have the usual straps coming off the shoulders and passing through the back plate to 'D' clips at the top of the JP (these are not shown on my pic though.

I have gotten hold of an old backpack and removed all except the straps and the back material. I have then added a plate to the back to reinforce it. I have next attached, using brackets, some metal rod bent as shown in the pic. These rods will then slide into tubes on the JP itself (in affect the JP will slot onto the rods.

The JP will then have the shoulder straps to stop it 'falling' backwards.

Will post pics once it is finished

PS sorry for the cruddy pic (whipped up in about two minutes :eek:)

untitled2.jpg
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Hi guys

the rods extend upwards 'into' the JP by approx 100mm, and hook under the vest quite nicely. The shoulder straps just slip through the standard holes in the vest and poke out of the back armour as usual.

As you can see i have had to extend the rods slightly lower than the material harness, in order to clear the vest.

Pics will hopefully be available after this weekend.
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Well i done a little work over the weekend and here are the results. I still need to 'tart' it up a bit (cut the ends off the screws etc)

Oh and just the shoulder starps to add :)

Picture 001.jpg


Picture 002.jpg


Picture 003.jpg


Picture 004.jpg


Picture 005.jpg
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Cheers Andy, hopefully this time next week i will have the whole thing sorted and be able to attach the JP onto it. Its all getting rather desperately close Celebration Europe for my liking
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Well guys, this is how it looks with the JP on. The pic without the flak vest is the first attempt. I then shortened the shoulder straps and took some more pics (with flak vest on).

can you let me know which ones are better. I think the second lot as the Jp is slightly higher up.

Picture 001.jpg


Picture 006.jpg


Picture 007.jpg


Picture 008.jpg
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
Wow! Does this setup keep it from sagging?

No sag at all. The back of the harness system is semi rigid and sits tight against my back. This does not allow the harness to move. Also i have a chest strap to add that extra security. It distributes the weight really well, about 70% of the weight is taken by the back part of the harness, whilst the remaining 30% is taken by the shoulders. Its really quite comfy :)
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
That looks so cool Jon! Congratulations on building that :):)

cheers for that Andy. I'll tell yer, the real buzz about this project is being able to share it with you guys. If other people can get inspiration from my gear, then my job here is done :lol:. and usually other peoples kit turns out a lot better than mine (so thats a bonus as well). my dream is to kit the world out as Mandalorians (cripes i'm turning into the High Clam Lord :lol:)
 

Ronin677

Well-Known Hunter
The actual backpack was an old one i had lying around, so no money there. The plastic was an old sign, so no money there. The tube is metal fuel line (from a mate in the truck business), so money there. The metal rod was from work, so no money there. I had to buy the screws which cost me approx $2. So all in all about $2 :D

It was very simple to put together and seems to be more than up to the job.
 

GCNgamer128

Sr Hunter
It looks like I need to go get some metal rod! That looks great and it looks like it might fix my jet pack weight problems, haha. I can wear it for about 6 hours, but it weighs 50lbs at the end of the day.
 

Mojo Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Hey Jon... looking sweet man! (y)
As GCN says it looks very easy yet so practical. can't wait to see it painted up with the JP and even more so in the flesh at CE! ;) keep up the good work bro...

-Gav-
 
Top