Pictures of the WF FUGLY

DCFett

New Hunter
I already have a thread up for the FPH2 vs WF Fugly but it hasn't really gained much traction since posting...

So I am looking for people who have pictures of the WF Fugly helmet to please post them for me to try and make a comparison between it and the FPH2.

I can find a decent amount of media on the FPH2 but literally nothing on the Fugly helmet other than Superjedi's work

Thanks guys

Hey guys

I’m in the process of having an ESB helmet commissioned, and as far as the helmet kit goes I’ve narrowed it down to two options - the FPH2 and the WF Fugly.

I think it’s very hard to get a kit that matches the same size and flaring as the ESB movie hero. I don’t know why but for some reason wasted fett’s version of the FPH2 seems far more flared than others I’ve seen? Which is one of the reasons I’m considering it.

His fugly helmet from what I have seen so far also seems to achieve this accurate flared look, however I can literally only find a handful of pictures of it online... has anyone got any media around the fugly kit (finished or unfinished)? It looks very similar to the FPH2 kit he offers, but I need access to more photos before I can make my mind up between the two.

I have tried messaging Wasted Fett directly through various forms of social media, but I’ve been lead to believe he has not came back from a year end break yet.

So until then if anyone has either any photos of FPH2 kits, WF Fugly kits or any other kits they believe match the look of the ESB movie hero then please post as much as you have

Likewise any opinions on different kits, I am open to hear your advice

Cheers lads

- The other thread

1611840531127.png
1611840573070.png
1611840655342.png

FPH2 (ESB) on left. FUGLY (SE) on Right.

Agreed, but the Fugly is also a mess in my opinion. The work that was done to the recast of a recast MCR helmet to make the "Fugly" was poor. The ear platforms were messed up, and every authentic detail was dulled down with at best and reworked entirely at worst.
I recommend that anyone wanting a true ESB filming era helmet get an RS props raw version and do some careful cleanup yourself, that's what I'm doing. :)

Agreed, but the Fugly is also a mess in my opinion. The work that was done to the recast of a recast MCR helmet to make the "Fugly" was poor. The ear platforms were messed up, and every authentic detail was dulled down with at best and reworked entirely at worst.
I recommend that anyone wanting a true ESB filming era helmet get an RS props raw version and do some careful cleanup yourself, that's what I'm doing. :)

Agreed, RS is the way to go. I'm planning on going for theirs. I'd like to get two raw kits so I can have both ROTJ SE and og ESB. Its just an absolute nightmare for some of us "true" ESB guys to have to painfully clean and rework the helmet to be pre-ROTJ SE (aka hero ESB in its original on screen state). In the words of Kylo Ren "I know what I have to do but I don't know if i have the strength to do it" Is nothing short of how I feel toward restoring a hero ESB :lol: (y)

I have bought an RS Prop masters Raw cast as well just to have a helmet with the best lineage available!

I am also trying to have an ESB Movie accurate commission done as well. I love the RS cast but I don't wish all the genuine cracks and damage for the Movie commission... I am after the cleaner look.

I have been doing my research for the best part of 6 months and the only two helmets I have found that seem to resemble the same flared big look without the damage is the Fugly and the FPH2. The FPH2 from wastedfett in particular seems to look (in my opinion anyway) a lot more flared than others who cast it?

At this point in time I am like 85% set on the FPH2 from him but I seen the Fugly recently and thought it looked very similar. However there is literally no photos of the Fugly anywhere!

I'm already spending a small fortune on the paint-up for the ESB before I buy the helmet I recon I'd go bankrupt if I got another RS Prop master's lineage helmet and got him to clean it up before painting as well...

However there is literally no photos of the Fugly anywhere!
There aren't many pictures because for a few years the casting was a secret recast, only offered to the "elite"
I'm not instigating, I've kept quiet for a long time about this; but I dont think the Fugly is a great option for ESB people. It is sort of regarded as just a cleaned up casting of the raw one to give you a ESB filming base, but it's been my opinion for some time that if you compared it to an unaltered casting, you'd been disappointed how some shapes and details shouldn't have been altered, and were.
Plus it's about 4 generations down from an RS so it likely has shrinkage.
If you're simply looking for a "close enough" ESB base which is better than the FPH2, than yes I would say the Fugly ranks above it.

Me too but then again this is a time consuming hobby and patience is key. It is a very good idea to start with the paint first because that's what i have been doing for years now and ive been lurking on TDH since 2007. I have a vast collection of vintage Floquils/Polly Scale/Model Master all ready for whenever I start the builds. I'm looking forward to collecting the Acrylic Archive X paints when I can and trying those out on some models and Fett figures.

What all needs cleaned up on the RS to make it a proper ESB? I know the damage on the left side of the helmet that extends from the visor up into the dome needs cleaned up. I also assume the damage on the right cheek too?

What all needs cleaned up on the RS to make it a proper ESB? I know the damage on the left side of the helmet that extends from the visor up into the dome needs cleaned up. I also assume the damage on the right cheek too?
those are the main areas, there are also a number of cracks in the original helmet’s gel coat that need to be filled in. The bulge in the right upper cheek is present during filming but the gel coat doesn’t appear cracked in ‘79. There are also some black smudges under the dent and near the killstripes that don’t appear during filming, and various other scratches and dings.

the best thing you can do is compare publicity photos and 4K stills of the ESB helmet to exhibit photos, and make repairs accordingly. This would actually be a good thread of it’s own to serve as a resource for people that intend to restore their hero helmets.

This is definitely something to consider. Although, I am not sure if I could remove the damage....lol. It'd be like defacing an artifact or something.

Maybe leave one as is, but get an ESB paint job? Man, so much to consider. Now I don't know for sure what route to take.... This has given me something to think over. Thanks guys. :cool:

It is a lot of work. If you want to bypass that but still have a restored ESB, there is another option not widely known because it's made by a member who has been banned. The helmet is called the FPH3. You should be able to find pics of it somewhere. I don't know if I am allowed to post pics of it here.

The FPH3 and Fugly are both based off the G5. Chris Jones *aka the real fett pride* most likely did the restoration of the FPH3. Unless that’s been clarified somewhere.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back