Personal Note

Arkady

Well-Known Hunter
Hey gang, I have some news to share and it's not great. After having the absolute worst year possible (seriously, I had to replace my roof and all my plumbing and those are just the highlights, hat tip to Tfett40 for the the plumbers!) I got the call in the middle of Celebration that I have breast cancer. So for the good news, I have great insurance, they are super on top of things, I start chemo Monday. I have a great family support system and I have the best job in the world, working for you guys. Thankfully it's a job I can do in my pajamas. I've been trying to get as much out as I can before things start getting bad but I might be late with some orders. My daughter is home from college and she's not getting a job, she's just going to help me with sewing. She's getting pretty good and can do a vest without my help already. I will be quoting a year turnaround from here on out though, just to be sure I can get stuff out. If anybody has an order with me currently and you want a refund, let me know. Thank you guys for your support through the years, I plan to be here for many more.
And dammit, I finally got SDCC tix for 2020 that I've been holding onto for two years that I can't use now. I cried when they showed up in my mail yesterday.

Hey gang, I have some news to share and it's not great. After having the absolute worst year possible (seriously, I had to replace my roof and all my plumbing and those are just the highlights, hat tip to Tfett40 for the the plumbers!) I got the call in the middle of Celebration that I have breast cancer. So for the good news, I have great insurance, they are super on top of things, I start chemo Monday. I have a great family support system and I have the best job in the world, working for you guys. Thankfully it's a job I can do in my pajamas. I've been trying to get as much out as I can before things start getting bad but I might be late with some orders. My daughter is home from college and she's not getting a job, she's just going to help me with sewing. She's getting pretty good and can do a vest without my help already. I will be quoting a year turnaround from here on out though, just to be sure I can get stuff out. If anybody has an order with me currently and you want a refund, let me know. Thank you guys for your support through the years, I plan to be here for many more.
And dammit, I finally got SDCC tix for 2020 that I've been holding onto for two years that I can't use now. I cried when they showed up in my mail yesterday.
I have not worked directly with you, but your name is well-respected.

Prayers for you and your family during this time! Please keep us posted - I know this community cares for you!

So sorry to hear this Carole. You’ve got a community of people wearing your name, and we are all thankful for everything you’ve done for us. Is there anything that you need? Just reach out to us.

Arkady
Like many have already stated, I'm so very sorry to hear of this. News like that is never good - especially when you're trying to have a great time at Celebration!
1656104119064.png

But like you said, you've got what sounds like an incredible level of family support. Not to mention the Fett Family here at The Dented Helmet, many of whom (myself included) regard you as thee go to person for Fett Softparts. I can say, that without you, I'm not sure what I would have ended up with. Your craftsmanship and quality have been hands down the best I've seen in a cosplay.

But please do focus on getting better! Wishing you the best on beating this thing and getting to remission and recovery!

Regards,
-Iron

Hello there Carole, we haven't met formally before but I have received a full flightsuit made by you -- I couldn't have asked for something better in terms of comfort and impeccable fitting. Thank you so much for your work. I hope for all the best for you and your loved ones.

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back