Bo Katan Painting tips?

td 2266

New Hunter
Hello, I have just got done with trimming everything and now the armor is ready for some paint. I know that the brand of paint I will need is Krylon for plastic or Rustoleum 2X. But what I do not know are the exact colors.

and Do I need to paint everything first in primmer?

And some of the weathering I did for my clone was toothpast and when the paint was dry, I rubbed off the toothpast. Is there a easer way or a better way? maybe like rubber cemate.

Concerning the toothpaste, I've already read some threads in various forums stating it works quite well. It's a quite practicable and furthermore cheap version. As long as you are happy with the results...
A more "professional" alternative for example would be "masking fluid".

I did toothpaste for my clone, but I think it is a little too striking of a difference for TCW characters. Kev recommends using pastels to give it a more organic/hand painted look. I would always use a primer before any other paints go down, after doing a surface scratch with 400+ grit sandpaper and a thorough soap and water washing. I'm personally using Rustoleum light grey automotive primer, Charcoal Metallic, Sail Blue gloss, Satin White for plastic, and will be top-coating with a satin or matte finish spray (haven't decided yet) once the weathering is done. I hope this helps!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back