Painting ESB Jet Pack to ROTJ Color Help

Sachiel9

Hunter
So I bought my jet pack from a source online, and it is in the ESB colors, doesn't exactly work with my ROTJ Fett. I sanded it all down, put on a coat of primer, and a coat of silver. Is there a good order to putting down the colors, or just what you feel like at the time? I was thinking gray, yellow, red, then blue; working lightest to darkest I guess.

Yea, that pretty much what I did- Primer, silver, white, yellow, wine, blue. mist with black and gray, drew the insignias with a pencil and then painted over it, & lastly dull coat. I have since repainted the stripes on the thrusters and large canister.
DSCF0232.jpg

I am using liquid mask and blue painters tape. I am not going to use any rattlecans. I bought an airbrush quite awhile ago and never really used it, so I am trying to make up for it. I'll post my progress tomorrow after I take some more pics.

Airbrushing is the way to go. I'd did the rattle cans, just because the paints are easier to find.

I just bought another jump pack upgrade (MOW), so I'll be doing some painting again soon.

Here's my progress so far

The original, sanded, right before primer. And mostly painted and weathered, still need to finish the rocket and the thrusters

IMG_0020.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

Looking nice. Great detail capture on the top of the left fuel cell. I know the weathering washes out on photos, are you happy you got enough earth tones down, in the angles and across the keys? Also, don't fear taking a nice sharp blade to it for those little details. But that does not take anything away from a very nice pack paint job. Be proud.

Thanks a bunch. Yeah, I was thinking about using a sharp knife on all of those little places, I like doing the scratches and stuff. I will have a chance to do some more work tomorrow and hopefully get it done!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back