Paint & Weathering?

• Thread starter Wannabe Mandalorian
  • Start date
W

Wannabe Mandalorian

Hi there i will be recieving my DP 1996 boba helmet and armour soon, but i need your help! :lol: i need someone to paint my helmet & armour and weather it too, the armour etc is going to have its own colour scheme similar to boba fetts.

P.S If no one is up to doing this a tutorial would be great! :D

Thank you

E

Ego

Have you read through many of the sections on here or checked out the search engines?

I think you'll find more tutorials than you'll know what to do with! :)

Welcome aboard.
Jer

M

MLax

DUUUUUUUUUDE

Painting the armor is one of the greatest parts about having a Fett. You should paint ur own stuff, not only will you have a proud piece of mandalorian armor, but its a really fun hobby.

W

Wannabe Mandalorian

Hi there i was wanting to use dark sun yellow (red on bobas) and 2 different tones of green. Would i have to spray the helmet with silver, then mask it (for scrapes) then put the rest on? Thats what confuses me :(
Im a rookie.

Also is enamel spray paint ok to use?

Thanks

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
Just about everything you ever wanted to know about painting your helmet is is in TDH somewhere! Seek, and ye shall find the answer to all your questions :) Enamel paints are just fine, in fact, there seems to be a wider selction of colors if you use enamel. Yeah, painting your own stuff is 99% of the fun! You can definately spray your helmet w/ silver 1st, then mask parts you want to show through with either rubber cement, masking tape, or even mustard I hear :lol: then spray your other colors. when all is dry, the fun begins. peel off your tape, or use a rubber cement pick-up eraser to remove your masking, (depending on what you decide to use for mask.) Instant battle damage. This is just one method of many. I leave it to you to discover more on your own. :) Have fun

W

Wannabe Mandalorian

How do you get scrapes and scratches on the helmet?
And blaster damage? Does anyone know where i could find a tutorial?

Thanks

P.S i was thinking in painting the front part (red) dark sun yellow. and the rest different tones of green