My Jango has so far cost me about $300, and I still need gauntlets, a jet pack and ammo belt. I bought the armor, vest and helmet, but I hadmade the flightsuit and prolly will make the jet pack myself as well.
I was at the $1400+ mark, until this week. I just spent another $450 on upgrades. And once I add Natty's helmet..... let's just say over two grand when I'm finished, but I will be selling some of my old pieces to recoup a little bit of that.
Well, I don't know how much my suit cost me, I scratch built everything (except the blaster....that is a converted Webely.....He He He!) When I mean everything I mean the helmet, all the armor, jet pack, boots, jumpsuit, belts, ( I used Shacks lights though and I had the missle machined) so I know I have spent a pretty penny on some things...but over 6 years of spending here and there you loose track.
Helmet (total w/upgrades): about $110
Vest: $8 (cheapo turtleneck with sleeves cut off)
Armor: All Sintra, formed by me...with the paint...$40
Ammo Belt: Scratch built...about $10.
Blaster: Scratch built...$15 or so.
Boots: STILL HAVEN'T GOT HERE!! But..$62.
Gauntlets: Paid for but MB is still making them...$53.
LEDs: $10 or so.
I've OFTEN wondered how much the original costumes cost to make, and by comparison, if anyone on this board has a suit that costs as much (if not more) than one of the originals.
So far I have:
* Armor: 3mm Sintra, approximately $15
* Gloves: $14 (made from Dunlop golf gloves - you can search for "Dunlop golf" to see a picture of them).
* Cape: $3 (1 yard of fabric, sewn myself)
* Utility belt: $5.99 (1 yard of vinyl, sewn myself) for the pouches, $3 for Velcro to hold them closed, and $9 for a 2" wide brown leather belt to put them on.
* ROTJ Blaster: $165 for kit + another ~$40 in supplies to finish it with.
* Helmet: fiberglass helmet on order from Natty!
* Boots: $120 for Cheng boots
* jumpsuit: Not yet... probably make one myself...
* vest: I might get one from Richie
* jet pack: See "vest" comments above
* miscellaneous items needed for building costume (paint, epoxy, putty, Sculpey, etc.): ~$80 (they add up and it's hard to keep a running total...)
I imagine this will probably end up costing a LOT more than I had anticipated in the beginning, but in the beginning I was planning on getting a "helmet", making some armor, and throwing a suit together. NOW I have to make one that's "PERFECT", thanks to YOU GUYS!!!
My Boba cost me around $2000 so far (I'm always updating) and I've started my Jango, but I'm only $400 into it, but I think I can finish it for $300 more (that's with out building a new stubby jet pack)