Not screen accurate, but


BobaN00b

Active Hunter
I am finished with my DP 95 (the major parts):

h.jpg

i.jpg

j.jpg

k.jpg

l.jpg

m.jpg

n.jpg

o.jpg

p.jpg

q.jpg


Well, considering my previous painting job:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=7816

I think I have improved a lot. I use the liquid mask, which was a life saver. What do you think?

FYI, I know there are no kill marks. Havent done them yet. I still have to fill in a few holes and fix a few small things. What do you think?
 

Jangos kid

Well-Known Hunter
Hey hey!!! Huge improvement. I know you weren't exactly going for screen accurate with it, but dang, It really looks cool. way to go;)
Damian
 

BobaN00b

Active Hunter
psberetta said:
Sweet !
Your damage spots really look like something hit it. Did you dremel it a little in those spots? Great job :)

not a dremel, but I used a scalpel to remove some of the paint and to scratch it up a bit.

My brother says its his favorite part of the bucket and I am beginning to agree. odd thing. I didnt take any photos of the back. that will be my next set of pics.
 

BobaN00b

Active Hunter
one layer was for the chrome all over. the second layer was for the different shades of green on the back of the bucket. So, I primed it, chromed it and masked it. Let it dry, painted the back a darker green (didnt fuss with the yellow at all). Let it dry. Removed the old mask from the back, re-applied more mask for the different shade of green. Not too much though. Painted it the new green. let it dry, peel, dull coat.

Then I tackled the rest of the bucket. I would HIGHLY recommend doing the back forst. It is, by all accounts, including my own, the hardest part.
 

TeamFett

Active Hunter
That looks awesome. I just finished priming my DP95 and am waiting for it to dry (also have to wait for payday so I can buy all the paints). Hope mine turns out as good as yours did!
 
Top