New Slave I Toy(classic repaint)

Satxer

Active Hunter
I actually completed this a couple months ago. But, figured to share. The new Slave I from the Clone Wars toys, you know, the new one that is bigger than the old toy, but doesn't come in the colors it should?! I have a certain, unique hate towards the Clone Wars show...in which, I needed a classic trilogy paint job.

First we started with the green...

IMG_5084.jpg

Next, did the orangish color, and added the darker gray sections to the top and ramp...

IMG_5085.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5088.jpg

Now, we dirty it up, and add the respectful Boba figure...

IMG_5090.jpg

BFS1.jpg

BFS1.jpg

I SO NEED TO DO THIS...added to list of things to get...I have the OTC one and a few others already, this fine molds and Code 3 are on the list

YEAH! Anothr CW h4t3r! High-five vode!
Another thing you can to to mask off is use salt. Brush some water on in the areas where you want to mask, sprinkle salt there, and let it dry. Kosher salt would probably be best for this size. Nice, random jagged edges and it'll even discolor the previous paint a little, more weathering. But it looks nice! The orange is a bit off, but aside from that it looks great. Love it!

YEAH! Anothr CW h4t3r! High-five vode!
Another thing you can to to mask off is use salt. Brush some water on in the areas where you want to mask, sprinkle salt there, and let it dry. Kosher salt would probably be best for this size. Nice, random jagged edges and it'll even discolor the previous paint a little, more weathering. But it looks nice!

/highfive! I may even be doing a little more work on the damage at a later time. I just had to get that thing looking classic before I freaked out about spending that money on a CW item. And to answer a possible question, I traded the Mace, Anakin, R2 unit and Starfighter for some old school vintage. I kept the Boba and Bossk because...well...I had to, I hear everyone wants the Bossk.

The orange is a bit off, but aside from that it looks great. Love it!

It may look right in person bud...camera lighting etc...mess up coloring sometimes

F4R has it right, the lighting in the pics/camera makes it look real orange. If you see it in person, it would look near spot on.

I've pretty much called this the Big Slave I, because that is what it is! It is just too good a mold to pass on purchasing. I couldn't run the risk that they may or may not repaint this in Boba colors down the road.

Wow kandosii it looks great, And its nice to know that there are other people who think the Clone Wars is osik besides Me, Nice job

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back