General New Old Zam

Hello you lot

I think it's finally time for me to post my WIP here.
I've been lurking in corners for so many years, reading all projects and learning and gaining so much. So HUGE thank you to all you talented Zammers here, you have done awesome work.
My Zam has now a new host as I realized I cannot wear her anymore. After all these years and hard work health issues hit me and I decided it is time to part with her. (Although that took awhile too, but that's another story)
Anyway, some parts are well detailed, some are not. I still need to redo gauntlets, for instance. Will post all process so far in the coming days. :)

P1080142_zpse969161c.jpg
 
And more to follow...

Don't know where to start, really. This has been going on for so long now. :D
Some parts have been well-documented, some I forgot and some been documented with ****** phone camera.
I tried to do economy Zam, because I couldn't afford to purchase MonCal's kit. So I wanted to see how far I could go.

Vest. I bought second hand leather jacket and this has gone through lots of transformations.

IMG_3794-1.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg


After dye:
vest_dyed.jpg

Now I don't have pic of the vest after I gave it gentle wash in washing machine
 
First of the parts I bought was boots. I managed to get two pairs of Prada's from fleabay and as the bigger ones went with the costume, I kept the other pair. They are really good to wear.

pradas.jpg


IMG_3804-1.jpg


IMG_3805.jpg


IMG_3807.jpg


Ee_zam_boots_02_zps0f5c7880.jpg


P1080135_zpsa583d0a3.jpg
 
Jumpsuit

I went on with the easiest choice and got some neoprene from Stretch House.

Yeah, it does the trick, but it certainly lacks that needed sheen.
IMG_3898.jpg


jumps.jpg


I sew it twice, as I wasn't happy with the seams. So second time they do look much better.

P1080141_zps7ae65c73.jpg


P1080140_zps68c44eea.jpg
 
Because of very tight budget, I had to be creative with tools.

So here I created the 1/4" rectangular shaped holes to each corner, making 8 holes and connecting them with chisel. Took awhile, got blisters in my palms but it was worth it. I think skirt is the best part of the costume I ever made.

IMG_3892.jpg


IMG_3793-1.jpg


IMG_3791.jpg


IMG_3894.jpg
 
Various stages of the helmet. After finishing with the base, I gave it a coat of resin to harden it up. Then the top got layers of P38 (car body filler here in the UK)

ee_zamhelmet_02.jpg


ee_zamhelmet_03.jpg


zam_ee_helmet_04.jpg


zam_ee_helmet_04.jpg


Thin layers every time followed by vigorous sanding.
 
Top