New Cape!!

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Costume' started by FirstCoastFett, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Cancelled my order with TK409 and went with Man of War Studios. quality is top notch, and this cape is great!! Looking forward to weathering it! ceaae2cecc314757eb2e8b1ec7822e16.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

2. Sonbill02

Sonbill02 New Member

got the same one looks gate

3. I have the same one, beautiful piece...unlike you, I am not too excited about weathering it. Haha

Please keep this thread updated once you do start your weathering as this cape is a different material than what most use and I'm curious how you plan to attack it.

FirstCoastFett likes this.
  4. I'll add pics to this thread when I'm done. I'm planning on taking it light at first, wool probably isn't as forgiving as canvas/ linen. I'm going light on the weathering as well. I'm sure the experts will chime in their opinion when I'm done (hopefully)

Sent from my SM-G930T

the_man_with_the_ee3 likes this.
  5. Furious

Furious Active Member

I always find it difficult to weather nice new pieces.

6. slavedriver

slavedriver Member

Please keep the pics coming because I think I purchased the last Limited Edition cape Christian had on sale and I really would like to see how yours turns out before I touch mine, My last cape I purchased from Christian (Economy Version) didnt turn out to well do to the fact that I was trying to inflict some true battle damage with my torch set on low(n), needless to say not a good idea but hell live n learn next time it will be airbrush all the way!

7. LostDreams

LostDreams Jr Member

You all are better than I am; I'd be afraid to touch something so pretty! Good luck on weathering! And don't overdo it as I did with my flight suit :lol:

8. Froflo

Froflo Jr Member

Got one of these not too long ago it weathered like a dream!

9. I'll post before and after pics when I get to it!

Sent from my SM-G930T

PapaFett likes this.
  10. before... sorry not the best angle

be55b074fbfc32ee05990941523d6922.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

Greg Schlueter and PapaFett like this.
  11. traced out the damage with a sharpie, trying to stick as close to Rafalfett's template

82cef53951bf6d155e7631db771b5b64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

Greg Schlueter and Wasted Fett like this.
  12. using a pair of scissors, I cut out the majority of the holes, mostly pushing up from the bottom with my finger and using the scissors, cutting almost sideways

Sent from my SM-G930T

13. b1e9560361f06da91fb393ff0a2c4d58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

Greg Schlueter likes this.
  14. finally, using a sharp steak knife, poked holes, twisting a bit, mostly using the serrated edge to fray. minus any weathering, here's the finished product

124393b873888881d84ab7aa510974c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

15. Cameron

Cameron Jr Member

Love my MOW cape and I haven't had the nerve to start this process. Not to doubt the master Raf but how did the weathering pattern come to light. I haven't been able to find one pic that shows the cape spread out.

16. I used this as a visual reference

375459e2f3ab448158c61fbaffc1df72.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

17. Cameron

Cameron Jr Member

Yes, I have that one but my question is what reference was THAT made from.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2017
  18. my guess would be every visual reference, movie screen cap, etc. I'm sure there are many, many variations, heavier or lighter weathering.

Sent from my SM-G930T

19. TierinKestral

TierinKestral New Member

Looks beautiful! I'm going to have to use that template for sure.

20. finished. decided to go light on the weathering, just misted a flat black spray paint
    7d87e14ad13747c5d130bad2329b1ac9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T

21. ShortFuse

ShortFuse Member

That looks really good. Nice work.

22. thanks man

Sent from my SM-G930T

23. SPY007

SPY007 Active Member

most accurate cape I have seen. Looks like wool, which is what I made mine from. I beat the bottom edge with a hammer.

24. oh wow, thanks!! it's MoW's cape, which is wool. it looked great as is, definitely stressful when I started hacking at it with my knives, but I love the end result. it looks much better in person

Sent from my SM-G930T

the_man_with_the_ee3 likes this.
  25. slavedriver

slavedriver Member

Looks awesome just got the same cape in the mail, going to mark out the damage also then ill start cutting then ill do the airbrushing for the weathering. NO TORCH THIS TIME I LEARNED MY LESSON