*NEW* Aluminum Boba RF Posts

bigkidbiggertoys

Well-Known Hunter
I just had these made up. They are approximately the same length as the Jango posts I sell & will work with all of the helmets out there. The post has a slight taper to it still but is thicker at the neck & the very top. The top radius is now different as well as the back is angled. This was designed specifically with the MS 3 in mind so those of you with a helmet upgrade in mind, pm me for details. Also pictured is the Boba compared to the Jango stalk I make as well.

post 002 copy.jpg

Bobapost copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MORGUE

Active Hunter
BKBT is a trusted Fett artisan and has been in the game a long time. I have been a collector of many of his parts and pieces over the years.
The alluminum post is VERY light, but extremely rigid. I use them on all my buckets and they are flawless once polished up and then weathered!;) Not to mention his excellent service!

Awesome job BKBT!(y)

shunned
BH-8899

shortimer52

Well-Known Hunter
shunned said:
BKBT is a trusted Fett artisan and has been in the game a long time. I have been a collector of many of his parts and pieces over the years.
The alluminum post is VERY light, but extremely rigid. I use them on all my buckets and they are flawless once polished up and then weathered!;) Not to mention his excellent service!

Awesome job BKBT!(y)

shunned
BH-8899

Same way here, only stalk I will use.

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
cookiemongoloid said:
Those look really nice, how much will it weigh? I would PM you about this, but i think it should be public.

aluminum weighs very very little. i would never use a resin stalk myself. i'm happy to say that one of these stalks is on its way to me :)

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
I have one of BKBT's older Boba ones on my MSH2 and it looks perfect. and I agree Vince is a great guy to deal with and I will continue to send my bussiness and my referalls to him for a long time to come.

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
so, how do people usually attach the rangefinder to these?

the helmet i have now has a pretty interesting stalk. it's aluminum, but is designed so that you cut a slot in the bottom of a hollow RF and slid it in. the top of the stalk hits the inside top of the rangefinder. you end up with a pretty large chunk of metal up inside the RF.

bigkidbiggertoys

Well-Known Hunter
The method I like to use is epoxy the RF post & top together. I then drill a couple of tiny holes & add a couple of machine screws. The aluminum is soft enough that it is easy to drill & you don't need to tap the hole, the screw will make it's own threads if you just work it back out a bit.

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
bigkidbiggertoys said:
The method I like to use is epoxy the RF post & top together. I then drill a couple of tiny holes & add a couple of machine screws. The aluminum is soft enough that it is easy to drill & you don't need to tap the hole, the screw will make it's own threads if you just work it back out a bit.

that makes sense. i know i'd feel happier with a couple of little screws in there. goop is good, but not that good ;)

thanks!