Need some helmet advice...

I just discovered this thread, impressive work that you've done with the kit! I'm surprised at the poor fit of the ear, I'm sorry about that. Let me know if you've got any questions or if there's anything I can help with.

I just discovered this thread, impressive work that you've done with the kit! I'm surprised at the poor fit of the ear, I'm sorry about that. Let me know if you've got any questions or if there's anything I can help with.

Thanks, man! No worries about the ear. I was able to correct for the most part, and personally I think it will add a bit of character. It shows that its hand made just like the originals. I'll probably pm you about color selections soon.

Looks about as good as it can to me.

Make sure your JB welds are on good with some stress tests, look like they are though with it handling the visor mounting n all. Also make sure your aluminum piece is really well deburred so it doesn't scratch the visor. Bout all I can think of though that can be changed and that's just visor stuff. I'd say it's good for paint.

Also also, I'd def recommend paining the interior too to seal it all up if you weren't planning to. I'm not too big a fan of exposed fiberglass being near so many sensitive facial bits, even if it does seem fully cured.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back