My repainted DP '97

krillindb

Active Hunter
Dude that is incredible. I would have never guessed it was a 97. I would have thought it was a reshaped recast. Excellent work man you are an inspiration!
 
First, I flared the helmet so the sides were no longer straight up and down. I heated the helmet and used a nine inch stick to push out the sides. Then I replaced the visor with one purchased from e-bay. I then masked it off and primed the helmet with a plastics primer. I coated the whole helmet silver, then used mustard to mask off the scratches. After spraying all the colors, I painted the small detail around the scratches with a brush and water based paints from the craft store. To finish it off, I used my airbrush to add black around the damaged areas. I still need to print up the ear decals and give it a final satin clear coat.
 
Top