My helmet: Coming along nicely! :)

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
So I have been working on my helmet for about a month now (on and off) sanding and preping...
Helmet_2.gif

yesterday I finaly finished and put down a coat of primer...
Primered_ReadytoPaint.gif

I am so excited I had to show someone!!!
I was going to start painting today... but its raining and the only place available to me for painting is the outdoors... so I will have to wait a day or so longer... more picts to come soon!
:)

Primered_ReadytoPaint_Kim.gif

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
I was told its a 'mystery' helmet...
I bought it before I found these boards... got it off of the accursed eBay...
It does fit me nicely and it cleaned up better than I expected it to... so overall I am happy with it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Real Scooby

Active Hunter
Looking good so far, keep us updated, girl :) Cant wait to recreate your shot above, the first fitting.

BTW, are you going for the Fett-man or a Fem-Fett ?

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
Fett-man or Fem-fett?
Meaning formed booby armor?
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I am doing the costume almost 100% to Boba Fett's... the only difference being I will change the chest armor - NO FORMED BOOBS! I hate that look! But the armor will curve more over the chest instead of sitting straight across it...

I am still drawing the preliminary sketches, I havent nailed down exactly how I want that to look - but I will post pictures once I have it!

Last edited by a moderator:

superjedi

Sr Hunter
Cool! You may want to trim some of those fiberglass tendrils hanging out the back of the helmet though. . .
Oh, wait. That's hair.

Nevermind. :)

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
Mine was not so pretty when I got it, but a lot of hours sanding got it wearable... I am going to coat the inside completely so I dont snag my hair...

stormtrooperguy

Sr Hunter
SarlaccBits said:
Mine was not so pretty when I got it, but a lot of hours sanding got it wearable... I am going to coat the inside completely so I dont snag my hair...

i had that same hair problem. i usually just wear a head sock (or balaclava for you fancy people!) :)

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
Ah...
I will have to do something of that nature as well...
or I may just put it in a low ponytail and braid the stuff and leave it hanging out of the bottom of the helmet...

MandalorFett

Well-Known Hunter
Bucket looks good! Letting your hair hang out the bottom is a subtle way to show you're a woman too, without the dreaded boobie-armor. :lol:

SarlaccBits

Active Hunter
Damn rain!
I was so looking forward to doing some painting today...
I really miss having a garage!
living in an apartment (with furry cats) is not a good environment to be painting in...