My Boba Build

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Costume' started by Mythosaur, May 18, 2017.

1. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

Hi all... finally decided to become a member after working on my stuff for a while and using as much information as possible from the site. Figured it's about time to post some pictures of the progress and maybe get some constructive criticism and whatnot.
    bobacostume.jpg
    Me in costume. Currently I'm working on the helmet, so it looks way different now, more pictures to come when finished.
    knee armor.jpg
    knee armor, been painted again since picture, wear came out really brown so I repainted as light yellow
    shoulderbell.jpg
    Here you can see the light yellow....
    WookieBraids.jpg
    and Wookie Braids.

There we are so far, I think I have a pretty good start so far, still need to fabricate the jetpack and gauntlets. I would also like to take this time to thank Rafalfett and wizardofflight, your templates have been awesome and saved a lot of time!
    - Mythosaur (which I'm surprised wasn't taken already :) )

2. haujohn

haujohn Jr Member

looks good ! You should get a dark visor though .. I dont remember Fett haveing a beard and glasses..:) You can get some precut ones at T-Visor.com. Good luck with build!!

- - - Updated - - -

looks good ! You should get a dark visor though .. I dont remember Fett haveing a beard and glasses. (maybe that is person taking pic??) .:) If not you can get some precut ones at T-Visor.com. Good luck with build!!

3. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

Thanks a lot! I got the visor covered... I bought a welding visor to replace it, I already tore out the old one and the bucket in being painted as we speak!

4. Gregory

Gregory Member

Good start. Your flack vest looks gray, should be nearly white. Which Boba Fett version are you building?

5. haujohn

haujohn Jr Member

Perfect!!

6. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

It was the lightest grey I could find man, thought I could bleach it out a little but it didn't work, think I'm gonna try to sunbleach it. Thoughts or suggestions? And I'm doing ROTJ.

7. Gregory

Gregory Member

Even for ROTJ, which has a dirtier vest, that color is too dark. If bleach didn't work, try dye remover. But you may need to redo it with white material and weather that.

8. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

So, it's been an arduous process to get to this point, but working when life has permitted, I've at least been able to get to this point:
    FettHelmet-1.jpg FettHelmet-2.jpg
    had the helmet all torn apart and finally got it back together. Still more painting to do, but it's coming along!

9. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

Another helmet pic, added the kill stripes and a little damage. Also, made a longer RF stalk out of sintra, little worried about it wobbling around too much, but I think it will work until I can get a better one.

FettHelmet-3.jpg

Ghost_Fett and Eliasaur like this.
  10. ThatRndmBounty

ThatRndmBounty Active Member

11. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

Hey thanks man!

Ghost_Fett and ThatRndmBounty like this.
  12. Mythosaur

Mythosaur New Member

Been a while since I was on here, been quite busy with life in general. Here's a couple pics of my Jetpack construction so far, I like how it's coming together but there's still a bunch of work to be done on it!
    upload_2018-7-6_11-38-36.jpeg upload_2018-7-6_11-39-53.jpeg