My 1:1 Levitating Jedi Training Remote

azheat01

Active Hunter
Some of you already saw this on the other board, but wanted to share here for those who haven't. This was a real fun, but brutal build! I took the guts out of a levitating earth and stuck them in a plastic sphere. I'm not going to post all the progress pics again, but here's a few shots and some video. Just need to install the rims and weather this bad boy and it's done! Kept the budget under $200. Some of the pieces I 3D printed myself, some were found parts from actual model kits I found, and I got a few pieces from another builder.

The video below was taken just before I finished installing the side panels, gun ports, and muffler baffles.

IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2845.JPG

IMG_2847.JPG

IMG_2850.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_3523.JPG

IMG_3524.JPG

IMG_3535.JPG

IMG_3681.jpg

Last edited:

azheat01

Active Hunter
That came out amazingly!
That looks freaking awesome.
Thank you!

I think I am going to call this done. Started on the weathering (a few shots below) but not quite done; I need to move on to another project. Some of the weathering is muted out in the last photo, but I toned down the yellow at the end and added a few light scatters of darker color. I really love how this came out. It's not entirely screen accurate, and despite a few issues, looks great.

I was able to stay close to my original budget, went a little over. But outside of my time, I'm at about $185.00 in materials. Took me a while to finish though........

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3694.JPG

IMG_3696.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG