Shin Tools Mitchell Stylus Brush replica - shin tools done!

Discussion in 'Boba Fett Costume' started by tennantlim, Jun 19, 2017.

1. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

Greetings Hunters. I am going to build three of the shin tools (mostly) out of actual parts and have ordered the Paterson squeegee and chemical mixer from B&H. The Mitchell stylus brush is really rare and expensive when available. Hence I would like to purchase a replica made out of resin cast or metal. I remember seeing someone in this forum making casts but I don't remember who it was. Apparently Mojo-Fett used to make them out of metal but it seems he is inactive now. I have also reached out to Dakota and machineAfett but they have not replied. Help!

*Update: Right after I posted this, I received an email from Holly (MachineCraft) confirming that they have stock ready for shipping! I'll share photos when I receive them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
  2. 01Hawk

01Hawk Active Member

I have the real piece and had recently posted that I make resin replicas. However you definitely can't got wrong with metal ones from Machine Craft! They make top notch stuff!

tennantlim likes this.
  3. Fett 4 Real

Fett 4 Real Community Staff

Machinecraft makes the replica in metal

tennantlim likes this.
  4. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

They need to market it better. I ordered the last set from Mojo Fett on eBay and it took forever and shipping was expensive. I would have ordered from MachineCraft in a heart beat.

tennantlim likes this.
  5. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

Yes it's you! I won't forget now if I ever need one again, or direct others to you.

Thank you. Ordered!

Indeed. I am pretty sure this option will motivate others to build their own semi-accurate shin tools.

6. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

Here they are! As expected, they are beautiful and lightweight. Highly recommended to anyone building an Anti-Security Blade shin tool.

Mitchell-stylus-brush-1.jpg Mitchell-stylus-brush-2.jpg

7. clmayfield

clmayfield Member

Nice! There is no reason not to use the Paterson squeegee and chemical mixer on the shin tools. It costs roughly the same as replicas and is not that hard to make.

redkraytdragon and tennantlim like this.
  8. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

There's something very satisfying about building your own shin tools out of the Paterson parts...
    shin-tools.jpg

Disclaimer: I can't find electrical tape near my residence, so the fabric tape in the photo is temporary until I find the right one.

01Hawk likes this.
  9. intwenothor

intwenothor Active Member

Nice job. Very well done.

It's a shame Mojo stopped making his as they were really top notch. Closest I've seen.

tennantlim likes this.
  10. tennantlim

tennantlim Member

Thank you Andy.

Yeah shame about Mojo. I'm very pleased with Dakota's set nevertheless.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  11. Funkyred

Funkyred Jr Member

Totally agree with intwenothor , i luckily bought a set unfortunately I was to late for the boot spikes which was unfortunate as being UK based like myself it was much easier