Shin Tools Mitchell Stylus Brush replica - shin tools done!

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Greetings Hunters. I am going to build three of the shin tools (mostly) out of actual parts and have ordered the Paterson squeegee and chemical mixer from B&H. The Mitchell stylus brush is really rare and expensive when available. Hence I would like to purchase a replica made out of resin cast or metal. I remember seeing someone in this forum making casts but I don't remember who it was. Apparently Mojo-Fett used to make them out of metal but it seems he is inactive now. I have also reached out to Dakota and machineAfett but they have not replied. Help!

*Update: Right after I posted this, I received an email from Holly (MachineCraft) confirming that they have stock ready for shipping! I'll share photos when I receive them.

Last edited by a moderator:

01Hawk

Active Hunter
I have the real piece and had recently posted that I make resin replicas. However you definitely can't got wrong with metal ones from Machine Craft! They make top notch stuff!

clmayfield

Active Hunter
They need to market it better. I ordered the last set from Mojo Fett on eBay and it took forever and shipping was expensive. I would have ordered from MachineCraft in a heart beat.

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
I have the real piece and had recently posted that I make resin replicas. However you definitely can't got wrong with metal ones from Machine Craft! They make top notch stuff!
Yes it's you! I won't forget now if I ever need one again, or direct others to you.

Machinecraft makes the replica in metal
Thank you. Ordered!

They need to market it better. I ordered the last set from Mojo Fett on eBay and it took forever and shipping was expensive. I would have ordered from MachineCraft in a heart beat.
Indeed. I am pretty sure this option will motivate others to build their own semi-accurate shin tools.

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Here they are! As expected, they are beautiful and lightweight. Highly recommended to anyone building an Anti-Security Blade shin tool.

Mitchell-stylus-brush-1.jpg
Mitchell-stylus-brush-2.jpg

tennantlim

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
There's something very satisfying about building your own shin tools out of real Paterson parts...
shin-tools.jpg

Disclaimer: I can't find electrical tape near my residence, so the fabric tape in the photo is temporary until I find the right one.

Last edited:

Funkyred

Active Hunter
Preferred Vendor
Totally agree with intwenothor , i luckily bought a set unfortunately I was to late for the boot spikes which was unfortunate as being UK based like myself it was much easier

clmayfield

Active Hunter
I have some Mojos. I think I literally bought the last pair he ever made. They are slightly different than the Machinecraft version in that the knurling appears raised as opposed to machined into bar stock. Still, I would go for the MachineCraft version in a heartbeat. I have a 3D printed version from shapeways in the ultra detail plastic and I don't love the way they came out. They don't take paint very well.