milpool esb boba fett build

milpoolfett

New Hunter
hi everybody,

brand new to the forum and the star wars costuming world in general and i jumped in with a boba fett esb build.

here's what i have so far:

efx esb helmet (bought a helmet liner from ws custom helmet liners)
wasted fett armor
soft goods from arkady
gaunlets from man of war studios
all my paint will be done by nix fx

thoughts on what i have so far? suggestions for where to purchase the items i havent acquired yet?

would love to hear from those that have purchased the same items i have and hear your thoughts and see some pictures.

thanks to all in advance!

hi everybody,

brand new to the forum and the star wars costuming world in general and i jumped in with a boba fett esb build.

here's what i have so far:

efx esb helmet (bought a helmet liner from ws custom helmet liners)
wasted fett armor
soft goods from arkady
gaunlets from man of war studios
all my paint will be done by nix fx

thoughts on what i have so far? suggestions for where to purchase the items i havent acquired yet?

would love to hear from those that have purchased the same items i have and hear your thoughts and see some pictures.

thanks to all in advance!
Looks like you’re off to a great start! You definitely won’t be disappointed with that flightsuit Arkady knocks it out of the park! The only thing I will say if you are going for 501st approval the EFX helmet more than likely won’t pass because of the few errors it has (not saying it’s a bad helmet by any means). The best advice I can give is dig deep you can learn a lot of this site and trust me when I say it’s an extremely expensive and addicting habit but very worth it in the end! Glad your here and I can’t wait to see how it turn out!

Excellent start.

I would suggest woodman for girth and ammo belts, wookie braids and cape.

You’ll also need to get your holster, sidearm and blaster. Plenty vendors available there as well.

Looks like you’re off to a great start! You definitely won’t be disappointed with that flightsuit Arkady knocks it out of the park! The only thing I will say if you are going for 501st approval the EFX helmet more than likely won’t pass because of the few errors it has (not saying it’s a bad helmet by any means). The best advice I can give is dig deep you can learn a lot of this site and trust me when I say it’s an extremely expensive and addicting habit but very worth it in the end! Glad your here and I can’t wait to see how it turn out!
ive heard this about the efx helmet. is it the thumbprints and the seam?

im not overly concerned about it. ill likely submit for 501st approval but it's not the end of the world to me if i don't get in. my main goal is just building an awesome boba that ill love as he's always been my favorite star wars character.

ill also likely upgrade the helmet down the line but this was the one i could convince my partner with for now(im already pushing my luck with all of this after she let me build a captain kirk and keep it in our living room)

Excellent start.

I would suggest woodman for girth and ammo belts, wookie braids and cape.

You’ll also need to get your holster, sidearm and blaster. Plenty vendors available there as well.
thank you for the woodman suggestion. those were definitely some of my biggest concerns. i was in the middle of work when i saw one on etsy pop up that i didn't even notice that i bought a mando boba fett girth belt instead of the esb one that i need.

ive heard this about the efx helmet. is it the thumbprints and the seam?

im not overly concerned about it. ill likely submit for 501st approval but it's not the end of the world to me if i don't get in. my main goal is just building an awesome boba that ill love as he's always been my favorite star wars character.

ill also likely upgrade the helmet down the line but this was the one i could convince my partner with for now(im already pushing my luck with all of this after she let me build a captain kirk and keep it in our living room)
I completely understand haha it took some serious convincing to get my wife to let me put up my Fett in the living room but after all the money and time she understands how special it is to me and my kids love it!

Attachments

• 4CED62E9-F9FC-4458-91C0-1344AAF13D5A.jpeg
    4CED62E9-F9FC-4458-91C0-1344AAF13D5A.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 127
i was thinking bobamaker for jetpack as well? that or MoW.
Bobamaker is the way to go! He has amazing detail and you can definitely see the love in his craft! I’m planning on upgrading to his pack once I have the funds for now my 3D printed one will have to do!

Bobamaker is the way to go! He has amazing detail and you can definitely see the love in his craft! I’m planning on upgrading to his pack once I have the funds for now my 3D printed one will have to do!
awesome. thank you. and love the picture. that's kinda our place too. star wars/star trek stuff with the baby's things thrown in as well lol

There are a couple of good vendors on ETSY like ReGeekedProps did my ESB girth belt and it was a custom order and he did an amazing job with it. The only reason I went this route is it was a tad bit of a faster reply than woodman. QuestDesignCanada also has some cool metal parts. For the most part sticking with vendors on this site is the way to go though especially after I have made the mistake of making a few bum purchases on other sites like eBay and Etsy.

I'll second the Quest Designs promo, they rock, and thier pricing is great.

Also not to take anything away from woodman, he is awsome, but you can order an original white girthbelt from Amazon and use minwax liquid wood stain to dye it yourself. Add some elastic or nylon straps( tutorials for strapping and dying a girthbelt are stickied in the costume build section) nd bam, girthbelt in less than a week.

I'll second the Quest Designs promo, they rock, and thier pricing is great.

Also not to take anything away from woodman, he is awsome, but you can order an original white girthbelt from Amazon and use minwax liquid wood stain to dye it yourself. Add some elastic or nylon straps( tutorials for strapping and dying a girthbelt are stickied in the costume build section) nd bam, girthbelt in less than a week.
im definitely gonna get some stuff from quest designs. ive been looking at their page and will pick up some gaunlet darts and shoe spikes. plus they're in canada like me so that makes that easier.

would you happen to have a link to the white girth belt on amazon? that actually sounds like a really good idea.

im definitely gonna get some stuff from quest designs. ive been looking at their page and will pick up some gaunlet darts and shoe spikes. plus they're in canada like me so that makes that easier.

would you happen to have a link to the white girth belt on amazon? that actually sounds like a really good idea.

I found my couple by just typing girth belt in on amazon. That is what they are called in real life, they are used for horses. Just dye it and add your straps and your good to go!

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back