For Sale Mike M. Gloves 2019 2 pairs left

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
Please note, the prices have gone up this year due to the increased costs of materials and shipping, especially internationally. International shipping has gone from about $4-9 dollars up to $13-20. I'm sorry to make you guys eat that cost, but the USPS doesn't let me set the prices. See below for the new prices on gloves.

Gloves F.A.Q.

I do runs of gloves, 8 pairs to a run. I don't do gloves on an individual basis. I only do eight pairs in a run for two reasons: First, eight pairs is what I can produce confidently in a relatively short amount of time, to keep turnaround down. Second, it's convenient for me because I've got the amount of fabric needed down to a science. There is very little waste when I cut multiples of four. Occasionally I'll do a run of 10, but that's only because I'm at the end of a bolt of fabric.

I sell gloves on a "first paid, first served" basis. If you message me during a full run, I can usually shoot you a pm to let you know the next run is coming up. But I'm not going to hold a spot, then chase someone down for payment; that's a pain in the butt. If you've paid, your spot is guaranteed, and you will get your gloves as soon as I can finish them.

It's happened in the past when a run over-sells, that means people have paid for gloves before I had the chance to update the thread/close the run. In that case, the first eight people that paid get their gloves on that run and I will message anyone past that to let them know the run filled up before they sent payment. At that point I can either refund the payment, or, I'll guarantee their spot on the following run. Most people take the guaranteed spot.

If you want customized gloves, please let me know well in advance of a run opening. There are a few steps I try to do in advance of a new run, The pads for the fingers and back of the hands, I try to have 2-3 runs worth of those ready because they're a bit of a time sink. For example: If you want long pads on the back of both hands I'd like to know a few weeks prior so I can account for that and make an extra pad from my selvage. Or, if you want a pair of pre-pro's, let me know and get me the patches and I'd be happy to do those up for you. Or even XL gloves, I have a pattern for that, but someone with hands big enough for those are few and far between. Let me know in advance and I'll do what I can to accomodate, but you may have to wait until the next run for that. (Some day I'd like to be able to offer up Jodo Kast gloves too, but I haven't taken the time to study them yet to figure out patterns for the differences.)

I do shiny side out on the glove pads because it's accurate. There's a sheen in all the reference material I've looked at going back to the Super Trooper. I use "greyish" tackle twill instead of white because it seems to give the right contrast, and under bright lighting situations, the sheen can make it appear white. If you looks closely at the Super Trooper reference, you can see that the pads are not pure white, instead they are slightly gray.

$100 shipped in the US, $110 international
Paypal to: MLMarosits@msn.com

Please include your screen name and film version (ESB, ROTJ, SE) in the note to seller!!! Also, include your address in the note if you send payment F&F.

Here's what a pair of finished ROTJs look like.
full?d=1499994045.jpg

Run 1 1/19/19
1 Stormmauer ROTJ 9400109699939761446758
2 BH19812 ROTJ 9400109699937340663190
3 Jamofett ROTJ XL 9400109699938245722302
4 name esb 9400109699939759842845
5 name esb
6 name esb
7 name rotj
8 SUTT4896 ROTJ 9400109699937340680661

Run 2 3/4/19
1 Sean Hebein ESB
2 gunnerd ESB
3 Sumnaa Fett SE
4 Scimitar ESB

5 MTDavis ESB
6 Boba87Fett ESB

Last edited:

Skypig

Hunter
PP sent for one pair ESB, thanks. PP 6TB67308CD9592409

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited by a moderator:

Fett4u

Active Hunter
Im interested in a set, what sizes do you make them in?

TK16602

Hunter
Payment sent for one pair of ESB gloves.

Transaction ID: 8RN975728D861123N

Thanks!

Dent Eastwood

Jr Hunter
Payment sent for one set of ESB gloves. Dull pads and fingers if possible please

Sent from my SM-G930P

toofastrobot

Active Hunter
Sign me up for a pair of ROTJ (if possible can I get non shiny pads? If not sign me up anyways! )

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
Fett4u gablesz Chris4321 Just wanted to let you know, I make gloves in a "one size fits most" size. Because the base glove is 97% cotton, you can shrink them a bit with some hot tap water, then once they're dry, you stick your hand in and it'll stretch to that size. Message me if that doesn't work for you and I'll refund you.
@DarthMalachi666 @Raizo All I've got is the tackle twill pads. I suppose you could take the sheen off them a bit with some high grit sandpaper. Message me if that doesn't work for you and I'll refund you.

@ Everyone else, looks like this run is all full up already. I'll update the list in the first post.

Ghost_Fett

Hunter
@Fett4u @gablesz @Chris4321 Just wanted to let you know, I make gloves in a "one size fits most" size. Because the base glove is 97% cotton, you can shrink them a bit with some hot tap water, then once they're dry, you stick your hand in and it'll stretch to that size. Message me if that doesn't work for you and I'll refund you.
@DarthMalachi666 @Raizo All I've got is the tackle twill pads. I suppose you could take the sheen off them a bit with some high grit sandpaper. Message me if that doesn't work for you and I'll refund you.

@ Everyone else, looks like this run is all full up already. I'll update the list in the first post.
I'm good with it mike. [emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone

KenChan

Active Hunter
I'll take a pair of ESB in the largest size you've got!

Mike M.

Well-Known Hunter
Community Staff
I'll take a pair of ESB in the largest size you've got!
sorry man, the run is full. I'll thinking the next run will open up sometime in march, early april at fhe latest.

clmayfield

Active Hunter
Does anyone have any pictures of these in ESB? I pondered too long for this run. I was wanting to make a pair myself, but I am kind of burned out of all of this Fett work. I have wide hands and sausage fingers, so stretch to fit might be my best bet.

Thanks!

jonbenm

Hunter
Does anyone have any pictures of these in ESB? I pondered too long for this run. I was wanting to make a pair myself, but I am kind of burned out of all of this Fett work. I have wide hands and sausage fingers, so stretch to fit might be my best bet.

Thanks!
These are in my opinion the best on the market man get in on the next run!! lol and if you look back on mikes posts there is a post with someone wearing a pair it's a good pic and you can see just how they fit... my hands are on the larger side and these gloves fit perfect you'll be happy

Sent from my iPhone

clmayfield

Active Hunter
Too bad I didn't get in on this run, but between making the Gauntlets and the JP, I am going to be very busy and I want to be finished by May 26, which is around the corner. I might be able to save some money making my own gloves, but it is a ton of work.

Ghost_Fett

Hunter
Too bad I didn't get in on this run, but between making the Gauntlets and the JP, I am going to be very busy and I want to be finished by May 26, which is around the corner. I might be able to save some money making my own gloves, but it is a ton of work.
If my gloves don't end up fitting (smaller hands) I'll probably part with them.

Sent from my iPhone