Mandalorian first timer

scorcione

New Hunter
Hello all - first, thank you for stopping by and taking the time out of your day to read my thread - I’m new at building a mandalorian cosplay but not new to cosplay - I have been cosplaying for approximately 6 years and have dabbled in many cannon and non cannon (OC) characters - one character build has always been on my radar - and you guessed it - it’s Boba - well - in my case a mandalorian.. as far back as I can remember I’ve always liked Boba Fett and the bounty Hunter look - I’ve finally reached a point where I would like to challenge myself more as a creator and attemp to build my first mandolorian suit - I am unfortunately not too handy at creating from scratch.. but putting something together from existing pieces I find on Amazon and other sites I absolutely love - this being said : I have found several pieces to create the look I am going for - using several pieces from air soft armors amongst other things - I would however like to attemp to create (from scratch) some of the smaller mandolorian pieces such as the hand pieces (not the wrist guards - I’m not sure what the hand things are called) a cape - (I’m a beginner sewer) and a few other smaller pieces - once my confidence is “built” upon completion of these builds - I would like to further my building with other pieces - eventually making the entirety of the mandolorian suit - again - thank you all for stopping by to read my first post with the Dented Helmet community - I’m looking forward to learning from all of you

Mythos Fenn

Active Hunter
Welcome!

Personally, I would suggest avoiding airsoft type armors. If you want to truly build a Mandalorian costume, airsoft armor looks incredibly "earthy" and generally doesn't at all look like actual Mandalorian armor. Post up some links or some photos so we can get a better idea for what you are looking at.