FINISHED? Malone Fett ESB conversion and paint up!

LOL. I see. Unicorns are harder to find in the states. :D
We are lucky in the UK as the Queen owns them all and its punishable by death to kill one, hence they're everywhere...
To be honest, with this paint up I have finally conceded that to increase the detail level to the max I need to apply a certain amount of paint topically. My previous paint ups have been entirely layered, the problem being the paint would sometimes pull off of the silver layer (especially) when removing the liquid mask, I am now correcting this with a brush. The right paint consistency means no brush marks but really sharp detail where it is needed. Thanks SJ for all your topical painting tips!...

fullsizeoutput_298.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_299.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_29a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_29b.jpeg
Finally got the dome green on! Started to outline the kill stripes and still need to add some extra details in some of the damage and the dent...

fullsizeoutput_294.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_295.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_296.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_297.jpeg

Superb G!

With the topical point, I’ve always gone that way as well - get as much fine detail as you can with masking fluid and layering, then topically add some super fine detail where necessary for extra accuracy. I shudder to use the word ‘Layeropical’ these days as Superjedi charges considerably for the Trademark on that ;) ;) ;)

Kill Stripes are done except for some minor detail to add later. Managed to capture some of the paint edge detail on the more orange stripes towards the back of the helmet, this was done by layering the colours and then buffing them back slightly with 0000 wire wool...
Next onto the mandibles and trim!

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back